Chapter 25: Finals.

"Ugh, that car ride kills me every time

"Ugh, that car ride kills me every time." You yawned, stretching out your arms to release the aching in your back from the long drive to the tournament.

"This is our last match, so on the way back will be your last time doing it." Kuroo said, handing you your backpack from the boot of the car.

"Oh thank god." You chuckled lightly.

"We appreciate you driving us." Ushijima nodded a small bow to you before wandering off with Oikawa and Bokuto into the building, you and Kuroo following shortly after.

"You nervous?" Kuroo asked, looking down over his shoulder at you.

"Little bit." You shrugged. "Not for the actual match, but just because I want to get trained by that Olympic coach."

"Is it just the winning team that gets picked?" He pondered.

"I think so." You replied. "Unless he's been picking people worth training."

"Are you wanting to play professionally?" He tilted his head. "Like, in the Olympics?"

You inhaled. "That's the aim." He noticed you exhale and look to the ground. "It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes if a woman is good enough, they'll allow her to play officially for a men's team. And that's what I'm hoping to do."

(A/N: Just for the fanfic don't spam me with comments lol ❤️)

"Why? What's the difference between playing for a men's team and a women's team?"

"Because men's sports get recognised a lot more than women's." You looked up at him. "And if I get good enough to play for a men's team, then I'll get recognition."

He placed his hand on your head and ruffled your hair playfully. "You'll get all the recognition you deserve, no matter what team you're on."

"Thanks, Tetsurō." You smiled back, the skin on your cheekbones heating up.

"No worries Chibi-chan." He smirked.

"Don't you start calling me that as well." You pouted out your bottom lip, crossing your arms over your chest childishly. "Yagami Yato motherfucker."

"Who?"

"No one." You spoke back quickly, walking off ahead.

_____________-=🏐=-___________

You all did the same thing you had been doing over the last few weeks: getting changed into your uniforms, making your way to the gym, lining up and scoping out the opposing team.

However, upon lining up, you noticed Oikawa's eyes widen and stay trained on the other team, almost as if he had seen a ghost.

"Tooru?" You looked up at him and tried to follow his line of sight to see what he was staring at.