Chapter 27: Butterflies.

"Where's Y/N

"Where's Y/N..?" Bokuto asked, glancing around to everyone in the gym.

"She hurt her arm, remember?" Oikawa said, pulling up his knee pads.

"Oh yeah.." Bokuto recalled sadly.

"The doctor said she had to take a break from training while it heals." Kuroo mentioned.

"That's stupid!" He cried. "Now training is gonna be so boring." He pouted childishly. "Who am I going to annoy everyone with, now?!"

"Oh, so you are aware that you're annoying?" Oikawa scoffed. "Didn't think you knew."

Bokuto huffed, turning away and walking over to Ushijima to start practice.

_____________-=🏐=-___________

A thump echoed from the table as you flopped your head against it in pure boredom.

Since you couldn't go training, you decided to kill time by actually studying for once, but with your laptop and textbook spread out on the table in front of you, it took every bit of your power to concentrate. But eventually you had to give up and force your laptop shut in frustration.

You exhaled a sigh and observed around the campus coffee shop that you chose to study in.

You'd never actually visited it before, but you'd heard about it from Suga since he mentioned that a lot of students chose to study there; and the drinks were surprisingly good to say they're cheap.

It wasn't massive, but had plenty of tables while still maintaining a cosy and warm feel, a delicate smell of coffee drifting around.

You placed your cup of F/D against your lips and sipped it lightly while watching over everyone in the café, studying and talking amongst one another.

The little bell hooked above the door made a ding noise every time someone entered, you looking up as it opened.

A petite girl wandered in with a small handbag hanging over her shoulder, her neon red dyed hair standing out to you significantly. You couldn't see her face but something about her was familiar.

You continued to watch her intently as she walked up to the counter to order her drink.

You felt your face scowl as she spoke, her voice making you recognise who she was immediately, her words spoken with a thick American accent.

You quickly shoved your belongings into your bag, as fast as you could to say you had a sling slowing you down, you throwing your bag over your good shoulder and stomping over to the table Emma had sat down at with her drink and book.

You pulled out the chair that was across from hers, it's legs scraping across the ground slightly, making her jump as her eyes shot up to see who it was as you plopped down in the seat.