Journal entry #3

April 10th 2020

                                              Today It has been 26 days since school has been shut down. I know I already wrote a journal entry earlier today but tonight was fun which is good considering that my morning wasn't off to a good start. I haven't even been out of my house for 29 days other than to go on walks even though it seems like I've been in my house forever. Social isolation totally sucks and lately, I'm always bored out of my mind because I can't go anywhere.

                                           Sometimes when I go on walks, I get really cautious if other people are outside just because I've seen so many cases and deaths from the coronavirus on the news and it makes me really anxious. The news lately has been really depressing so I try to avoid it as much as possible. Yesterday, I got my phone back from my mom that I got taken away earlier that day. Usually, I lose my phone for a week or two or even longer sometimes so I was lucky to get it back the same day I got it taken away. My mom bought graham crackers and frosting the other day at the grocery store and she put frosting on a graham cracker and gave it to me which was really tasty and lucky for me, I love sugar. The other day, I and my family had a bonfire outside and we circled around the fire and made s' mores. That was a fun night and I got a lot of energy out from chasing my brother and running around.

                                         At school, I'm shyer and to myself more but at home and with friends I'm close with, I'm like the total opposite. I can be a really energetic, fun, crazy, and wild person and sometimes people complain that I can be too loud which you'd never guess if you knew me from school because I'm like a totally different person.

                                                    My favorite band "Twenty-one pilots" came out with a new song a few days ago called "Level of concern" and I can't stop listening to it. I'm a huge twenty-one pilots fan. For art class, I had to draw my dog with only straight lines and then the same drawing of my dog but with only curved lines which were an interesting project and it didn't turn out that bad. I also drew a guitar with a bunch of music notes in the background. I think learning the drums would be cool. In the future when I have a job, I want to learn the drums but that'd mean I'd have to pay for my instrument rent and lessons myself which will probably be expensive.

                                            I used to play the viola which is like a violin but like a little bit bigger but not by much and it can play like one note lower than the violin. I played the viola for 2 years but my first orchestra teacher I had quit after my first year in an orchestra, because she got this job offer in a different town where she lives, and she'd perform music with her cello at her new job. She was one of the best teachers I've had and she's really fun to be around. She also makes you laugh a lot if you were in her orchestra class.
                                          When I was in 8th grade, I had a new orchestra teacher who wasn't as fun and I started losing interest but not just cause of my new teacher but also because we didn't play famous and known songs that people would know with the new teacher as we did with the old one. I wish I had signed up for the bass or cello but a few years ago my mom thought the cello was too big to haul around even though I told her it doesn't when there's a case that makes it easy.

                                    I don't think my parents would care if in the future I played the bass, cello, or drums if I paid for everything or most of everything myself. I don't know what I'd do about volume problems with learning the drums though.

-twentyonepilotss44