Chapter 9: hogsmaede.....or not

Fast forward to the next weekend, when it's time for their first date in hogsmaede.

James POV

When I woke up, I was instantly nervous. I got up quickly and dresses in a black button down shirt and simple blue jeans. I tried to tame my hair, but I knew it was useless. 

I left the common early to go eat and talk to the other Marauders. When I got to my old dorm, Sirius, Remus, and Peter were awake and talking quietly amongst themselves. When I walked in, they looked up. Sirius saw my nervous expression and said " what's the matter prongs. Second thoughts? You've been waiting for this moment for years literally. Ease up a bit and enjoy the moment." He said smirking.

"Yea..ease up a bit..." I muttered to  myself, then Sirius little speech reminded me of something. 

"Oh and padfoot, try not to mention anything embarrassing today, at least not where she can hear alright?" I asked.

"Oh alright, but just for today." He said, looking slightly disappointed.

I went and sat on my old bed. Remus, as always, was reading a book.

"Watcha reading Mooney." I asked 

"Withering heights" he mumbled from behind his book.

I sat up quickly. "Really?!?!" I basically yell as I get up and run to his bed and snatch the book from his hand, examining the cover and pages. "Since when do you care about a book, especially a muggle book?" Remus asked looking really confused.

"It's Lily's favorite book" I explained "and I was wondering if you had an extra copy so I could read it and if you would explain all the muggle  references ." I said, giving him a pleading look. "Oh, alright, but You are to treat this book like a child, no better yet, like a child you had with lily. And if you don't take care of it, she leaves you, understood?" Remus asked with all seriousness, handing me the book.

"Thanks Mooney" I said smiling. "We better get going if we plan on going to hogsmaede at all." I said and we all jumped up and ran down the corridor to the great hall.

A little while later, lily entered the great hall.

...................................... 

Lily's POV 

After I got dressed and did my hair, I made my way out of the common room, down the common room, and into the great hall. The second Marlene and Alice saw me, they waved me over. I had told them about my date during the week, and we're quite upset when i told them that they weren't allowed to help me get ready.

I sat down between Alice and Remus, Marlene was sitting in between Sirius and James. James was wearing a black button down shirt and simple blue jeans, but damn did he look good. If it hadn't been for all these people around, I would have leaned across the table....

"Lily! Snap out of it." Marlene said

"Anyway, I think it's time you lot get goin, me and Marlene have to stay and do homework, so we'll see you later." Alice said as we left the great hall. I reach for my purse when I notice I left it in the common room.

"Hold on, I left something in the common room, so I'll be right back."

"I can come with you." James offered

"No it's fine I can go by myself." I said leaving. 

I was halfway to the common room when a figure comes around the corner, pushes me up against the wall, and moves their wand so it's at my throat. I look up slightly to see two of my biggest enemies standing in front of me.