chapter 19

ok so im thinking about writing another jily fanfic, because there are some things i would change about this one, so why not write another one.

James pov.

there were people everywhere. from all of the houses, even slytherin students showed up.  i looked around and spotted Sirius doing a horrible job at karaoke, and Remus trying to sneak off with a book.  Marlene was on a table dancing, Alice was busy snogging frank, and peter was no where to be seen.

peter had been absent quite frequently lately. I shoved the thought as i searched the room for lily. she had left to her dorm with Alice and Marlene to change out of their costumes. i thought lily's costume was amazing, but i bet it wasn't fun walking around in a tight leather bodice and high heeled boots all night. i had quickly changed into a button down shirt and jeans, nothing to fancy, but according to these peoples after party close, they intended to get shit faced drunk in formal wear.

i finally spotted lily at our makeshift bar. she was wearing a beautiful green gown and diamond studded strap heels. her hair was in the graceful, yet complicated, braid thingie.

lilys look

as i watched her, the crowd began to chant

as i watched her, the crowd began to chant. taking a closer look, i noticed what the crowd was chanting at. they wanted lily to take a total of....15 shots of fire whiskey. damn thats a lot of alcohol. 

as i fought to make why towards her, she smiled and started throwing back shots, wincing as the drink burnt her throat. she had just finished the last one by time i reached her. she turned toward me and smiled.

"hello there" she said, her words not slurred in the slightest. i glanced down at her in surprise.

"how in Merlin's beard are you not even buzzed, that was 15 shots of fire whiskey!" i exclaimed. even i was a little hammered after 3 shots, let alone 15.

she looked at me smugly. "I am the brightest witch of our age, you really think i would get hammered after only 15 shots" she said, running her tongue along her bottom lip, silently teasing me.

" ONLY FIFTEEN SHOTS!!!!!!" Sirius screamed from behind her, making both of us jump.

" thats hella impressive." he said. " are you sure your soo interested into jamsie poo?" he teased.

Remus looked at him as if he had lost his marbles.  " i am right here" he growled, Sirius turned towards him, his eyes wide. both of their expressions softened and their eyes clouded with lust. 

"w-We will see you guys later." Sirius stuttered as he grabbed Remus by the hand and dragged him away.

" yup, see you on your way back from a broom cupboard." lily muttered, making me howl with laughter. 

lily grabbed my hand and we walked towards the dance floor. lily's favorite song came on, but it must have been a muggle song since i had no idea what it was. 

we danced for a long while. though i was drunk so it had to come to an end. most of the people had left. Pete still wasn't to be seen, Remus and Sirius hadn't come back yet, Marlene was passed out over the bar, and Alice and frank were asleep on the couch.

lily amd i had changd so we wouldnt pass ut in our decent cloths. we were both wearing pajamas, and sitting on the couch silently laughing at the others. we were drunk, but not as much as them.

we were snuggling as lily started dozing off. she curled up in my lap and mumbled something i couldnt hear.

" what was that?" i asked her.

she sighed at her having to use energy.

"i love you" she said louder.

i smiled. " i love you too lily flower"