Chapter 8

~ With Natsu ~

It's been two months since the last incident with Lucy. She is still afraid of me being gone for too long, being outside for too long and being by herself for long periods of time, but I don't blame her. She is being heavily guarded and has Gray with her as her personal guard at all times when I'm not around and am working on things with the company.

Lucy is also two months pregnant now and has a tiny little baby bump. Her being pregnant though makes her more valuable and vulnerable making her an easier target now. Not to mention me having a harder time concealing my emotions ever since the incidents which could also make it harder for me to protect her during this situation we are in.

~ Present Time ~

About a month ago I started going back to the company which means I was getting up around 5 a.m. again and then finishing up around 6 a.m. to leave the house and head to the compound building. But sometimes when it comes time to go, I worry about Lucy. I worry about having to leave her because I don't want anything to happen to her.

But because of the new security system Lucy has her personal body guard. That particular person being Gray (I know. I accidentally mentioned this twice. My bad :/). And as soon as I leave the room in the mornings Gray immediately goes in, sits on the sofa in our bedroom and waits for her to wake up. Also when I leave for the day I don't usually get back till like 7 or 8 p.m. and then I'm up for a short while after that.

That's usually how the days go. But today feels different for some reason....

~ In the Morning with Natsu ~

I started to wake up around 5:00 a.m. I want to say on Monday, January 15. And every morning I would wake up to see a beautiful angel sleeping right next to me. Her bright golden blonde hair, her rosie red cheeks, and pink lushes lips just sitting there so beautiful and calm. I turned over on my side and started to rub her head gently and I smiled as she relaxed even more.

All of a sudden my alarm went off, making me jerk my hand back and jump about a foot off the bed "Damn alarm. Just had to ruin the fucking moment huh.." even after I said something to the alarm clock I looked back at Lucy and smiled, kind and sweetly.

I gave her one last gaze then kissed her forehead and went to get out of bed and when I did I covered her back up with the covers so she wouldn't get cold.

After about 30 minutes I was all dressed and ready to go, but I didn't want to leave and yet I still had too go whether I wanted to or not. I couldn't just stay at the mansion forever because of Luce. I had a business to run and that's number one right now because Lucy is safe and healthy minus the throwing up because she's pregnant.

While I was sitting in my chair I saw Lucy slightly move and when I turned to look she was snuggled into the blankets and pillows and it put another smile on my face. She looked comfortable and warm too. Which I was jealous about because I was about to go out into the freezing cold when she gets to stay inside and be warm.

I got up and walked over to the bed and sat down while moving pieces of Lucy's golden blonde hair out of her face. I then placed a gentle and soft kiss on her pale pink lips, then there was a knock on the door "Come in" I said quietly as I continued to look at Lucy and stroke her head from front to back softly.

"It's time to go sir" with that I stopped stroking Lucy's head and moved my hand to my side whilst turning around on the bed to face the door. I faced the door to see Gray in the doorway and Laxus standing behind him "Alright then" I said nonchalantly and started to get off the bed.