{2} Six Months Earlier

Holly's eyes shot open in excitement. She jumped out of bed and stood in the middle of her dorm, looking over to see all her dorm-mates were asleep.

Checking the enchanted window on the wall, Holly could see that the sun had yet to risen. Ohh, but she couldn't wait. She tip-toed over to her friends bed. She bent down to the girls level and lightly began shaking her.

"Mary-Anne." Holly said in a sing-song voice.

Mary-Anne was a proud and hardworking women. She made sure she has the highest scores she could muster. She made sure she had the highest scores in life generally. But something Mary-Anne treasured more than success, was her sleep. That being said, when a frantic fanatic attempts to wake you up at the crack of dawn, things might not end well.

"What. Do you want." Mary-Anne snapped, even while still half asleep.

"Do you know what today is?" Holly whispered in the girls face. Void of emotion, Mary-Anne rolled onto her back and slowly opened her eyes. She had been dreading this very moment for the two whole months they had been there. Mary-Anne simply had to remind herself that they were sixth years and she only had to deal with this for one more year.

"Is today Quidditch?" She mocked it as a question, knowing Holly only got like this around the season. Holly squealed, jumping on her toes.

"It's Quidditch!" She screamed in the dorm, instantly eliciting multiple groans from the other two dorm-mates she hadn't managed to get close to. Holly smiled sheepishly before she sat on top of Mary-Anne's bed and began discussing how she would dress for the event. Mary-Anne groaned, shooting up into a sitting position so she was able to see her friend more clearly.

"You know we still have classes? Quidditch isn't till after." She stated. Holly mood had dampened at the realization.

"Well, yes, I know." She said shyly. Mary-Anne put her hands on Hollys shoulders.

"Then go back to sleep. Trust me, you won't miss it."

Holly grinned, nodding at Mary-Anne before she returned to her own bed. While Mary-Anne had managed to fall back asleep, the same decency would not be brought to Holly. So there she lay, staring at the roof of her bed and waited till breakfast began.

By the time Holly had managed to get both Mary-Anne and her friend Brie up, out of their beds, and ready, the Gryffindor table was full. While Holly was generally a nice person, on days of Quidditch and towards the opposing team, Holly would be anything but kind.

It was the first match of the season. Starting off was Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. While Quidditch was a serious and important thing, the first match for each house was an even more serious and more important thing. Only two out of the four houses could win their first game.

Holly had attended all of Hufflepuffs tryouts and practices. She was sure they would win. The Hufflepuffs Quidditch Captain, David Macavoy, was working them hard and Holly could appreciate that. Gryffindor was a loud and proud house and if they were to beat them, they had to go full throttle.

Some of the Gryffindor students, besides the players, wore their house colors, paint on their faces, potions in their hair to reflect maroon and gold. Holly scowled, cursing Mary-Anne for convincing her she didn't have to get ready for the match until later. She should've known better.

A hand on Hollys shoulder knocked her out of whatever mind trap she was in. Jumping a bit, she turned to look at Mary-Anne.

"Calm down there, girl. No need to throw a hissy. We'll get those lions later." Mary-Anne smirked.

"They won't know what's comin' to em." Brie's Scottish accent thicker when she got excited and talked quicker. Holly smiled at her friends before digging into the breakfast placed on the table.