{24} We're Planning A Secret Coup... A Mental Coup

Holly places her hand over her chest as she attempts to keep her breaths at bay. Remus was usually one to calm her down. But it seemed as though a Cupid demon took over his body and it was determined in getting her and James together. She should've been grateful for what he was trying to do for her, but she didn't want James to like her unless he actually did. She wasn't like James was with Lily...

Another point. James and Lily. Lily and James. He liked her. So it didn't really matter how Holly felt about him. At least she didn't think so.

Holly's panicking had increased as she stood alone in the middle of the clock tower courtyard. She looked around, hoping to see someone she knew. No— not just anyone. She needed to talk to Mary-Anne. Holly's mind was racing three miles a minute and Holly tried to think about where Holly would be at the moment as she continued to turn in circles.

Holly suddenly scoffed. She wondered how she could've been more stupid? She should've known where Mary-Anne would be. Holly walked through the school before walking through the library threshold. She looked around for Mary-Anne's kinky hair. Not seeing her from the front of the library, Holly walked in and searched every aisle, every desk, every persons face. Even if they were a man. How was she suppose to know?!!

When Holly reached the front of the library again, she placed her hands on her hips and looked around one last time. When Mary-Anne wasn't in sight, Holly decided to shout something out.

"Has anyone sees Mary-Anne Jordan?!" She shouts.

"Be quiet!" Ms. Pince shouts. Holly's eyes widen as she takes a step back. Ms. Pince gets out of her desk and heads right to Holly. Panicking for a completely different reason, Holly turns around and runs out of there.

Thinking the next possible place Mary-Anne might be would be the Herbology greenhouse. Mary-Anne often liked to helped after classes to get extra house points. Getting to the greenhouse, Holly peeked her head inside to see Professor Sprout carefully cleaning up after the plants. Holly knocked on the doorway. Professor Sprout jumped and looked back. She chuckled once she realized it was Holly. Sprout took off her gloves and walked over to an awaiting Holly.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" Professor sprout asked. Holly smiled sheepishly, peeking inside the greenhouse once again.

"No Professor Sprout, I was just wondering if Mary-Anne had stopped by today?" Holly asked politely. Professor Sprout frowns deeply, an apologetic look on her face.

"I'm afraid not, dear. I'll be sure to let her know you're looking for her if I see her." Sprout offers. Holly smiles and nods to her in thanks. Holly turns around and starts walking, soon going around the corner when a sudden thought strikes her. Holly sighs loudly, internally scolding herself.

"I feel 'dead from the neck up'." Holly expresses plainly, feeling really dumb as stated by not realizing this sooner.

Holly walks up to the barrels and knocks the correct rhythm. The barrels open and she walks in. Holly looks over the room till her eyes fall on Mary-Anne's busy form. Her hands were all over the place as she read multiple books at a time. Her hair was a mess and her clothes were wrinkled. No matter, Holly rushed up to Mary-Anne, making Mary-up look up at Holly.

"Mary-Anne, we need to talk." Holly says. Holly's eyes widen, her lips part, and her back straightens.

"Yes! Finally!" She shouts. Holly takes a step back. "I've been waiting for this to happen." Mary-Anne cheers, referring to why Holly was so upset. Confused by her words, Hollys brows furrow. She shakes her head.

"No, not about that," Holly says. Mary-Anne looks at her confusedly. "You know where Brie is?" Holly asked, her gaze flickering around. Mary-Anne raises a brow.