Chapter 11 - The Almighty Treble Clef

"Thanks for winking at me out there," I said with a grin to Sam once he came off stage after doing Grease Lightning. "You did amazing." I said fixing his collar. "I'm really honoured that I get to be your fake and real girlfriend."

"I want to kiss you so bad." He said making me blush.

"What's stopping you?" I said inching closer.

"Effie," Artie shouted. "We need to finish your hair, you can talk to Sam later."

"That," He said pointing to Artie and sighing. "I'll see you later then."

"I'm sorry," I said giving him an apologetic smile. "Good luck."

-----

("There Are Worse Things" By Stockard Channing, sung by Unique, Santana and Cassandra. I would of wrote in a part for them all but I am doing it by Effie's POV. I was thinking on going 3rd but I don't know if the timing is right yet.)

Effie: There are worse things I could do, than go with a boy or two. Even though the neighborhood thinks that I'm trashy, and no good. I suppose it could be true but there are worse things I could do.

I stood in the centre of the stage, it was bare and empty. Simple and plain, I suppose. I like how it focused more on the story on Rizzo in this part, it kind of proved that you didn't need anything in the background, just her story in song.

Effie: I could flirt with all the guys, smile at them and bat my eyes. Press against them when we dance, make them think they stand a chance, then refuse to see it through, that's a thing I'd never do.

I looked to the right of the stage to see Sam smiling at me, beside him was Brit. Before I came on stage she told me to think of something sad because it's a sad song. All I could think of was my dad, I didn't want to but I did, I knew I was going to end up crying if I did.

Effie: I could stay home every night, wait around for Mr. Right. Take cold showers every day and throw my life away on a dream that won't come true.

Instead of bursting out into tears and sobbing during the song I decided to put all the passion and hurt into the song, it made the song so much more powerful. Not just the song actually, the whole message behind it.

How could my dad ever feel so hopeless that he had to take his own life? That he felt so low he thought that was his only way out. Was I not there for him enough? The way he treated me though? Why was this so exhausting?

Effie: I could hurt someone like me, out of spite or jealousy I don't steal and I don't lie but I can feel and I can cry. A fact I'll bet you never knew but to cry in front of you, that's the worse thing, I could do.

I quickly made my way off stage after the applause and into Sam's arms, I was a mess, as soon as I left the stage I started crying. Sam didn't say anything, no one did, he just held me and let me cry. This was the first time I had cried since the accident.

"Eff," Sam said making me look up. "You need to go get ready for the next scene."

------

("You're the One that I Want" By Grease, the Glee version sung in season 4 episode 6)

Marley strutted onto stage with a ciggerette between her fingers with Ryder following behind her in lust, the thing was, the lust wasn't fake. All the guys on and off stage went crazy for Marley, she seriously looked stunning and sexy.

Ryder: I got chills, they're multiplyin'. And I'm losin' control, 'cause the power you're supplyin', It's electrifyin'.

Marley looked over at us, we signalled for her to take her ciggerette out of her mouth and to drop it on the floor, squishing it infront of Ryder to intimidate him even more. The crowd cheered and applauded whilst me, Suga, Tina and Kitty danced behind a pole.