Chapter 26 - Unplugged

"I'm sorry." Sam said walking up Effie as she left the school, she had just past the gates at the entrance, she couldn't hear him due to the fact she had her earphones on. "Effie." Still no response from her. "Effie, I'm really, really sorry, I know you're mad at me but this can't go on forever." Sam eventually grabbed her arm and pulled her back giving her the fright of her life, making her drop all her books. "You had earphones in?"

"Shit, Sam." She said sighing, taking her earphones out. "You scared me, what do you want?"

"Did you hear any of that?" He asked kneeling down on the ground, helping her pick her stuff up.

"No," She said shaking her head and keeping her eyes on the ground. "Sorry."

"I wanted to say I was sorry." Sam said trying to get her to look at her. "I really am, I shouldn't of said I was leaving the state for a weekend just to avoid all the commotion." He lifted up her chin with his finger. "And I especially shouldn't of said I was leaving you at such a tough time."

"Sam-" She said trying to cut him off, standing up but he stopped her. "Please, Effie, you don't know how sorry I am."

"Look, Sam." She said taking her books off him. "What you did and said was seriously not cool, Jake was right, there's two of us in this relationship and the way you told me was such a horrible surprise to me." She shook her head. "I don't want us to break up over this-"

"Break up?" Sam asked, suddenly getting a rush of butterflies in his stomach. "Where did breaking up come from?"

"No, no, no." She said taking his hand to calm him down. "What I'm trying to say is that," She sighed. "We've been arguing so much lately, like just the other week we had a proper argument over how many calories spaghetti bolognese has."

"200." Sam coughed under his breath making Effie roll her eyes and turn around to walk away but he grabbed her hand and stopped her. "No, look I'm sorry. But you're right, the arguments need to stop."

"Thank you." She said finally smiling. "And if you're nice enough, maybe, just maybe, you can come up and I can make you spaghetti bolognese."

Sam smiled, taking her into his arms and giving her forehead a kiss. "I'm sorry." He mumbled as his chin rested on the top of her head. "Now," He said taking her out his arms. "We were supposed to be performing a song after school today."

"We were?" Effie asked. "I didn't get the memo, my phone has been on aeroplane mode so I could avoid my mum."

"Avoiding your mum?" Sam asked, grabbing Effie's hand and walking back into the school through the gates. "Why?"

"Uh," Effie said avoiding his face, knowing that he would figure out it was a lie if she didn't figure out a better lie. "Just, she's..." She took a deep breath. "Menopause."

"Oh," Sam said shutting up. "Well-"

"Yeah, she keeps talking about it to me." Effie said faking a laugh. "Yeah, just for today though."

----

(As much as I love the Outcasts song I really can not be bothered sorting out all the lyrics so for this one you can just play the song in the background or something.)

Marley started to sing up on stage as everyone else sat on the barried in the auditorium smiling and welcoming Jake up as he started to sing with open arms.

Unique made her way up the stage giving Jake a high five and Marley a hug along with Blaine who spun around before the chorus came on and everyone slowly made their way onto the stage.

Kitty and Effie made their way up on the stage holding hands and shimmying to the beat and giving most of them a hug. Effie grabbed Jake away from Marley making him dance with her.