Chapter 24 - Shooting Star

"Mr Schue," Effie said walking in the room. "Can I perform today?"

"Of course Effie," He said walking in the room and placing some sheet music on the piano. "We just need to do something for Coach Beiste first."

"Is it okay if I get my outfit from the audiotorium?" She said putting her bag at a seat and putting her sheet music beside his. "I left some props there aswell."

"Yeah, sure." He said looking through some of the music. "Just be quick."

"Sure," She said walking out and meeting Sam. "I'll be back in a minute, I've got to go to the audiotorium."

"Hey, Will, you wanted to see me?" Coach Beiste asked once everyone was inside the choir room and sitting down.

"We wanted you to join us for our first annual. "Thank God the World Isn't Ending" glee practice." Mr Schue said spinning around in his chair and looking at her.

"It's where I can throw Junior Mints at Marley without feeling bad about it again." Kitty said smirking and walking in.

"Sit down." Mr Schue said strictly making her snigger slightly.

"Hey, where's Effie?" Kitty asked.

"At the audiotorium getting something." Sam answered her.

"Mm, I don't know, Will." Coach Beiste mumbled to Mr Schue.

"Come on, we're gonna sing some songs, maybe bust out a few dance moves." Mr Schue said standing up and wiggling about. "I may even rap."

"Okay." She said laughing, finally giving in.

"All right! Let's get started." Mr Schue said clapping, but the clap didn't sound like a clap.

There was a sudden loud bang when he clapped then another that sounded like a gun shout, making all the students outside run away and scream down the hall. There was distance footsteps and sudden shouting making Will and Shannon run to the doors and lock them.

"Everyone just spread out and hide, spread out and hide." Mr Schue demanded running over to the kids as Coach Beiste barricaded the door. "Find a place to hide!"

"Please, go over there." Will said grabbing Kitty and pointing over towards the whiteboard.

Blaine pushed the piano over on his own, failing and dropping Effie's sheet music on the ground along with a metronome. Sam picked the sheets up after closing Mr Schues office blinds but before running over to the other side of the choir room.

"No, wait." Mr Schue said looking around realising Effie and Tina were missing as everyone took their places.

Jake, Kitty, Marley, Artie and Blaine on one side of the room and Sam, Ryder, Brittany and Unique on the other. There was footsteps running through th hall and girls screaming along with the constant metronome ticking making everyone more anxious.

"Are we even sure those are gunshots?" Blaine asked instantly getting shushed off Mr Schue as there was more footsteps in the distance.

"Here, hey, guys, guys, guys." Mr Schue said standing up from where he was previously hiding behind a table with Coach Beiste. "Start texting, tweeting, let everyone know what's going on. But don't tell them we're here, all right? Shooters have smartphones too."

"It's okay." Mr Schue mumbled as the metronome ticked. "Guys we're all just gonna stay here, okay? Got nowhere to be, we don't know what's out there."

"Shh." Mr Schue said as Marleys phone made a noise as she typed. Someone's phone buzzed making Mr Schue shush them again. "Shh, shh, shh, shh." He took a deep breath, sat behind the table with shannon and said. "I love you guys."