Chapter 17 - Centerfold

"Hey," I said stopping Kitty at the door. "Where are you going? The dance isn't over yet."

"Oh please," She said laughing. "You know where I'm going, Effie."

"Oh," I said stepping out her way. "Do you really have to?"

"Well, yes." She said making her way out the door. "I promised him a fun night, and he will receive it."

"Are you sure Kitty?" I asked stopping her again by placing my hand on her arm. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"But I do," She said nodding. "I'll see you later."

I watched her walk out the door and down the hallway, I let out a sad sigh. She shouldn't be wasting her time with him like that, I would hate to see her hurt.

"You okay?" Sam asked once I walked in the hall.

"Yeah," I said nodding and faking a smile. "Do you want some punch?"

"Sure," He said walking to the punchbowl with me. "You were great by the way." I raised an eyebrow at him. "The song, I'm talking about the song."

"Ahh," I passed him a cup of punch. "Thanks, where were you at the start of the song?"

"I have some top secret stuff I need to tell you," He said smiling. "But if all goes well you will be seeing it soon."

I looked at him suspiciously but he just smiled at me. "What is it with you smiling at me?" I asked putting my punch down and putting my arms around his neck. "I swear you have some kind of problem."

"I only smile when I am around you," He said making me blush. "I can't stop it."

Before I could say anything Ryder stepped on stage and said. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen, we're going to slow it down, so grab a partner."

("I Only Have Eyes For You" By Ryder)

Ryder: My love must be a kind of blind love. I can't see anyone but you.

"Would you like to dance?" Sam asked bowing. "M'lady."

"Why," I said doing a curstey. "Of course."

Ryder: Are the stars out tonight? I don't know if it's cloudy or bright.

Sam led me to the middle of the dancefloor and let me put my arms around his neck whilst he place his hands on my hips.

"I'm so glad I am here with you," I said trying not to make it sound cringey so adding a small joke. "I mean I could of asked anyone else but I settled for you."

"Likewise." He said winking making me laugh. "I think we've saved Glee club."

"Really?" I asked leaning my head back to look at him. "I'm proud of you, you know."

He just smiled back and pulled me closer making me place my head on his shoulder, which fit very well I may add. It's nice to be doing a nice slow dance with him instead of the usual upbeat dances we do.

Ryder, Artie, Joe and Unique: I only have eyes for you, dear.
Ryder: The moon may be high but I can't see a thing in the sky.
Ryder, Artie, Joe and Unique: I only have eyes for you.

I looked up at Ryder, he looked in some serious pain. I followed his eyes to Marley and Jake, he must still not be over her even though he went to the dance with Neck-Brace Cheerio.

Ryder: I don't know if we're in a garden or on a crowded avenue, you are here, so am I. Maybe millions of people go by but they,
Ryder, Artie, Joe and Unique: All disappear from view.