Chapter 20 - Feud

"He got a hotel room." Ryder said urgently as he ran up to Effie who was dancing with Brittany. "Jake, he got a hotel room for him and Marley."

"Wait, what?" Effie said when Brittany got distracted and danced away. "Tonight?"

"Yeah," He said looking around the dancefloor. "I can't find them anywhere."

"She wouldn't." Effie said shaking her head as Ryder grabbed her hand and ran out the hall. "Would she?"

"No," He said shaking his head and dropping her hand to push the lift button. "she wouldn't. She's not ready, she's just a sophomore."

"I suppose," She said nodding and entering the lift. "it's not just that, she generally isn't ready, she's Marley."

"Effie!" Sam shouted running up to the lift when doors closed, he didn't make it in time even when Effie pressed the button to open the doors.

"Shit," She mumbled. "I'm supposed to be performing with him." She looked at the time on her watch. "In 5 minutes!" She ran out of the lift when it the doors opened at the floor. "I'll help you later I need to go perform!"

"Whatever," Ryder said shaking his head and sighing, watching as she ran down the hall and turning the corner to go downstairs.

Once she got downstairs and into the hall Sam was setting up for the song. Out of breathe, she made her way up on stage to help him, feeling guilty for forgetting.

"Hey, sorry about that." She said picking up an amp and plugging it in. "I had to help Ryder with something."

"Why the hell were you and Ryder going upstairs?" He said turning around and facing her, with a wire in his hand trying to untangle it frustated.

"What?" She said taken by surprise with his anger, she wasn't even

"You don't just go upstairs in a hotel for nothing now do you?" He said throwing a the wire on the ground angrily after failing to untangle it. "I mean I knew you and Ryder were close but-"

"Wait you think I'm hooking up with Ryder behind your back?" She asked taking her eyes off him to look at the crowd who, luckily, weren't paying attention.

"Well, why else would you be up there?" He asked furiously, using his assumptions to guide his case.

"Sam, I am telling you now that I would never cheat on you." She retorted, offended but wanting to calm him down but for some reason he just got more angry. "Sam, please calm down."

"Why were you up there then?" He asked letting his arm extend out and drop back down by his side.

"I was helping him out," She said shaking her head at how he was treating her. "Sam you need to calm down, you're becoming irrational."

"No, you need to keep your eyes straight." He shouted realising that what he just said didn't make any sense.

"What?" She asked confused, shaking her head and ignoring that comment. "Sam let's just do the song, we can talk about this after it."

"We're doing Talk Dirty." He said pulling the microphone up to his height.

"Wait what?" She asked looking at the band members who were obviously preparing for their new song. "You can't just change the whole set around Sam, we had choreography."

"Plans change Effie," He said shrugging. "Oh, and I just did."

"Oh, no, no, no." She said scoffing and also pulling the microphone stand up to her height, time for her to stick up for herself. "We both agreed on Problem."