Chapter 25 - My Lips Are Sealed

"Coach Sue." Effie mumbled as she walked into her office. "I-I, uh-"

"Spit it out Eff," Sue said packing up her stuff, moving boxes from one side of the room to another. "I'd say sit down but the seats are gone, packed up and away, ready to-"

"Why did you do it?" Effie asked shaking her head with a forced smile. "This isn't you."

"Well it was." Sue said sighing.

"You're a lot of things Coach Sue," Effie said edging slightly closer. "But you're not a killer."

"Who said I killed anyone?" Sue asked putting some things in a box.

"Anyway," Effie said taking a deep breath. "I just wanted to say goodbye."

"Goodbye Fabray." Sue said nodding, turning around to face her. "Just do me a favour?"

"Yeah?" Effie asked.

"Keep an eye on Becky." She said looking at a picture of her and Becky on the desk. "She's as tough as the others but she gets scared."

"I know this won't be the last I see of you," Effie said smiling. "You always find you're way back."

"Thanks Eff." Sue said watching as Effie nodded before leaving the room.

----

Marley looked around the choir room, everything seemed even worse than last week when the bullets went off. Everyone was acting so weird as if they all had PTSD.

"They really want me to study string theory, but I'm not all that interested in arts and crafts." Brittany said to Effie, Jake and Ryder as they sat all around her.

Marley raised an eyebrow at her, Brittany's acting weird because M.I.T. found out about her S.A.T. score, and they've been pressuring her for early commitment. She looked over at Effie who would usually be in full on conversation but instead sat and watched them speak.

"Are you okay Effie?" Marley asked but Effie's only reply was a nod making Marley suspicious as she turned to Jake who just shook his head.

"Isn't M.I.T in Europe?" Ryder asked making Brittany nod. "That would suck."

"Hey, Tina." Marley said walking over to Tina who was all dressed up in an outfit that was a little over the top for school in Marley's opinion. "Are you trying out a new look?"

"It's called steampunk. It's the next big thing." Tina said matter of fact.

"Oh." Marley said taken back a little, not sure what to say. "God, I love it."

"Oh, hey there." Sam said to Marley in an Australian accent. "You must, uh, be Marley."

"Hi, Sam." Marley said raising her eyebrow.

"That's not Sam." Brittany said from her seat. "That's Sam's smarter twin brother, Evan."

"Evan Evans." Sam said making Marley shake his hand struggling to hold her books and say. "What a pleasure to meet you."

"Oh. Phone's ringing." Sam said fumbling to get his phone out. "Oh, it's my brother."

Sam began to walk out the room as he talked on the phone. "Oh, hey, Sam, I was actually just looking for you."

"What?" Marley said as she looked around at Effie. Effie just shrugged in response, not really wanting to know what was going on.

"So have you guys heard who's taking over the Cheerios?" Brittany asked.

"Yeah, it's insane." Tina said looking at both of them. "And it made me realize I have no idea whether I'm on the Cheerios or not. Like, literally can't remember."