Chapter 5 - First Solo

"Dad, I'm home." I said walking in and hanging up my coat. "Dad?"

I walked into the living room to see him passed out surrounded by cans and bottles of beers. I sighed and shook my head, heading to the kitchen to get a bin bag. I quietly put the bottles and cans in the bag but he woke up at the sound of clinking.

"Oh, hey." He slurred. "Quinn?"

"No..." I said sighing. "It's Effie, dad."

"Oh, you looked so much like," He burped causing him to stop for a second. "You looked so much like Quinn with that outfit on."

"Okay," I said clearing my throat. "Father, you need to stop drinking, I know you've not been yourself since mum left...but you need to get help."

"Effie?" He said looking at me. "I don't need help, I don't need anyone's help, especially not yours."

"Dad, you need to stop." I said kneeling down infront of him. "You have work tomorrow, if you keep this up Rick is going to fire you."

"Rick's an idiot." He said looking at me. "So are you."

"I'll keep that in mind." I said standing up and trying to hide the fact that that hurt. "Let's get you to bed."

"Quinn, I'm fine." He said reaching for another bottle.

"It's Effie!" I shouted taking the bottles away from him. "I'm not Quinn! I'm Effie!"

"Give me the bottles back now." He said standing up, intimidating me. "Now!"

"Fine, have them." I said shoving them into his chest making him fall back onto the couch. "But if you get fired, I'm just going to let you know, I'm not going to put up with your whining."

Before I could let him say anything I ran up to my room hiding the tears. I made sure to lock the door, he didn't touch me, not this time.

-------------

"Effie?" I turned around to see Kitty moving towards me. "Hey bitch!"

"Hey, biatch." I said smiling at her. "What's up?"

Me and Kitty have gotten really close since we became head cheerleaders. I was more the captain of the routines and music choice and other stuff like that whilst Kitty was more mental. She would keep the girls in line, she was really good.

"Did you see Marley was wearing Jake's leather jacket?" She said gesturing that she was gagging. "Ugh, I hate that wench so much."

"Why did he do that?" I asked trying not to sound too nosey opening my locker. "Like isn't that something he should be doing for you?"

"Yes, it should be. The only reason I'm dating him is for the street cred." She said sniggering and leaning her back against the locker beside mines. "And he's hot."

I faked a smile and laughed along with her. "Speak of the devil." I said watching him walk towards us.

"Hey babe," Kitty said giving him a kiss making me look away. "What's up?"

"I better be off." I said closing my locker trying to escape Jatty. "I'll see you at cheer practices."

"I was actually wanting to speak to Effie." He said stopping me by pulling my arm back making me sigh. "Can we speak?"

"Yeah," I said looking at Kitty and shrugging as if I didn't know what was going on. "I'll speak to you later, text me."

She nodded and walked away. He lead me to the empty choir room, I sat down at the front whilst he closed all the doors. He sat down beside me and smiled.