Obsession 31

Queen Cassiopeia

"Put these trash away from my sight."

Agad na kinuha ng kawal ang mga regalong nakapatong sa aking mesa. Mga regalong galing sa mga bampirang may matataas na posisyon. Mga regalong kay rangya man, ay puno ng pagbabalatkayo.

I smirked.

Most of them hated the fact that I'm the newly crowned queen, and I love the idea of them hating me.

I got out from my office and reached the hall downstairs. There, I saw Maya.

"Let's go," I said and she nodded.

Just several minutes later, we reached the Night Manor where the Head Councilor permanently stays.

Puwersahan kong binuksan ang malaking pinto na gawa sa makapal na kahoy. Lahat ng abalang nilalang sa loob ay napatigil, at pagkadaka ay agad na nagbigay pugay sa akin.

I roam my eyes around. Only few things changed in here since my last visit many years back. The manor is still neat and comfortable, far from being extravagant and sophisticated. Just a reflection of the simplicity of the owner of this place, who is now coming down the stairs to welcome me with a warm smile.

"We are delighted with your presence, Queen Cassiopeia." Lord Alexus Night greeted me which I returned with a nod.

"Come. We have a lot of talking to do."

A moment later, we reached his personal room.

"Give me all the details of the things happening in the royal court," I demanded.

The royal court is the general term for the Council, Elders, and the king's assemblage.

"As you wish."

Agad siyang nawala sa paningin ko upang kunin ang aking hinihingi.

Yes, I already know a lot since I did my stuff secretly. But there are still several things which are only accessible if I'm a queen. Kaya kahit ayaw ko nitong posisyon, kailangan kong gampanan ito.

I need power to crush the powerful.

I am aiming big names and it's not a joke. I planned this for several years, and I just hope that it will be enough to gain fruition.

Lord Alexus came back with many scrolls and stuff which he placed on the table in front of me.

"Ang hindi ko pa rin maintindihan ay kung bakit ideneklara mo sa lahat ang katauhan ng kabiyak ng hari. Malalagay siya sa panganib," pahayag niya.

"They will eventually find that out anyway. Since I chose a human as a right hand, they will investigate her. And they will be suspicious if they found out that we've been keeping the king's otherhalf from them. Let's give them assurance that we don't know a thing about what they are doing."

We are putting a nice show, and they are too. We're both giving fake shows to each other. And the end depends on who are the better actors.

Napatango siya at inumpishan ko ng basahin ang scrolls.

"Ngunit handa ka bang protektahan siya mula sa mga nagnanais na pabagsakin ang hari?"

Bigla akong napaisip dahil sa kanyang katanungan. Siguradong pupunteryahin ng mgga kaaway si Gresha dahil siya ang kabiyak ni Caldrix. Gagamitin siya upang pabagsakin ang hari.

"I hope so. That's the main reason I chose her to be my right hand, to protect her. Yes, Caldrix won't lay low this time, but he's a king. There are events which he won't be around her. But being my right hand, she needs to be around me at all times. Only then, I can protect her with all my might."