Chapter 34✅

Billie POV

"We're getting a divorce." Dad says. "I'm sorry, say that again?" Finn asks.

"We're getting a divorce." Mom says it this time.

"That's sudden," Finn says. "Why?"

"No." I say.

"What?" Dad asks. "There's no divorce."

"Billie, I understand why this would be hard for you, but we couldn't hide it from the both of you any longer." Mom goes to touch me but I dodge it.

"What are you guys doing this for? There's nothing wrong between the two of you, you're perfectly fine, right?" I ask. Mom shakes her head at my question.

"Please, this is going to mess us up! Our family is going to be ruined!" I say. "Billie, calm down. Let's hear them out." Finn rubs my back.

"Finneas, are you hearing this?"

"Yeah, I hear them, but I know that they still love us and they always will."

"Are you really telling me you're fine with this?" I ask in pure disbelief.

"Billie, we can't deny it. It's going to be okay. We're all going to need time to adjust. We'll all be fine." Finn says and I look at him dumbfounded.

"How are you seriously sitting here okay with this?" I ask him. "I'm 22 Billie, I have to be mature." He says.

"Oh so I'm being immature?" I scoff. "No, I'm not saying that."

"So what are you saying, I'm immature, right? You people are ridiculous."

"Billie, there's no need to be rude." Dad says. "And there's no need to get a divorce."

"Look, it's not easy for me and your father either, but I promise you, we'll be the same. Nothing will change." Mom leans down cupping my face.

"But everything's going to change," My voice cracks. "Can't you guys try marriage counseling or something?"

"Billie, stop fighting for something you can't fix." Mom says.

"I- I think I need to leave." I say.

I get up quickly and I open the door to the house. I see Mom by the door way and before she can say something, I say "I'm just going to take a breather."

I unlock my car door getting in and driving off quickly. Way faster than I should.

Delaney POV

"Yeah, but don't twist your ankle off." I laugh a little. I was teaching a quick class right now to a few teenagers and helping them with the basics of dance.

"Delaney, your phone's ringing." I'm told. "Just leave it, I'll return the call later." I say. "Okay, so first move is to point up to the sky also with your head pointed up also."

Everyone follows my instructions and I go through the rest of the choreography repeating instructions a few times until every kid seems confident with what they're doing.

_______

"Be careful. The toe spin focuses on the type of shoes you wear, preferably sneakers is what you wear when doing a hip hop routine."

"Wait, what about ballet shoes?" A kid asks me.

"This is hip-hop, not ballet, love." I laugh. "So what's the name of the song we're dancing to?"

"Juice by YCee, let's try it right now."