S03E46: The Hybrid

Roslyn's POV

The three of us are walking through the mountain. Stefan carrying the still dead Ray. Rudy is loving the forest, but I can tell he is growing tired. As he stuck close to me instead of running off to investigate every new sight, sound or smell. "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" I ask Stefan as he readjusts Ray's body.

"I'm fine" he assures me.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down" Klaus tells him.

"You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great" Stefan tells him.

"Agreed" I add and Rudy barks in agreement too. I smile down at him.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend" Klaus tells Stefan. "You'll grow fond of me eventually little wolf" he adds.

"Not likely" I grumble and kick a rock.

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer" Stefan tells Klaus.

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There" Klaus states as we stop on the edge of a clearing. Right in front of us is the packs camp. Stefan enters the keep first putting Ray down as everyone looks at him. I pick up Rudy and hold him.

A woman rushes over to the unconscious Ray. "Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?" she demands as Klaus and I stand either side of Stefan.

"The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus" he tells her.

"You're the hybrid" she states.

"You've heard of me. Fantastic" Klaus says smiling. Stefan, Klaus and I sit down. I place Rudy on my lap and pat him as he dozes off. Meanwhile the pack is standing still, looking at Klaus and listening to him. "It's fascinating, actually...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid" he explains.

Ray gasps as he sits up alive. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic" I drawl.

"Yes, very dramatic" Klaus agrees smiling.

"What's happening to me?" Ray asks in fear.

"Stefan" Klaus says and Stefan stands up facing the pack.

"Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die" Stefan states. None step forward and I smell a single human among them. I look around trying to pin point who it is.

"Doesn't take much, just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?" Klaus asks.

"You" I say looking at a man. Klaus rushes over to him and bites his forearm. Stefan grabs him, throws him on the ground in front of Ray. The woman protests but Klaus strangles her.

"If you don't drink it, Ray, I will. Problem is I don't know how to stop" Stefan tells him. While Klaus looks at the girl.

"It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die" he tells her.

"I'd rather die than be a vampire" she snarls.

"Wrong choose" he tells her smirking. He bites his wrist and force feeds her his blood. While Ray drinks from the human. Klaus then snaps her dropping her. "She'll thank me for that later" he states. "Okay, who's next?" he asks the pack. His eyes are yellow and his fangs are out.

Stefan stops the pack from fleeing as I pulled the human away from Ray. "Uh uh, we still need him" I state. "Go eat, rest. You'll need your strength" I say compelling the human. He nods and goes to a tent. While Ray sits on the ground knees pulled into his chest. I return to the sleeping Rudy and pat him absentmindedly as the men worked.