3

June 15, 2012
Friday 4:38 PM

"N-Nice score."

Kageyama sighed as he took a sip of his water. They were currently taking a break from practice. Kageyama was thinking about what had happened this afternoon.

He was returning from the bathroom when he bumped into the three. He had picked up the paper and wanted to return it to her. But when he saw the 97% he was flabbergasted and blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

He desperately need someone to help him with English, not that Yachi wasn't doing enough. He just felt like he couldn't grasp the concepts as fast with Yachi teaching both Hinata and Kageyama.

So now he was determined to make (Y/N) his tutor. However, he was way too awkward.

'Nice score'? Who says that?

Kageyama let out a small sigh, and glanced around.

How do I ask (Y/N) to tutor me?

Kageyama's eyes landed on his captain and his eyes lit up. He walked over to Daichi, with a nervous expression on his face. Daichi stared at him confused.

"Something wrong, Kageyama?" He asked, Kageyama fiddled with his fingers.

"Uh, does (Y/N) like anything? Like a drink?" Kageyama replied, Daichi stared at the first year surprised.

"Oh, uh, well, she likes strawberry milk." Daichi explained, a bit puzzled at his question.

"Oh okay, thank you." Kageyama bowed before walking away, Daichi's puzzled expression didn't leave.

Why would Kageyama ask that?

Kageyama returned to his original spot next to Hinata. While, Tanaka, who had over heard their conversation, strolled over to Kageyama. He gave him a suggestive look while Kageyama stared at him, puzzled.

"Ho, ho, Kageyama. You like (Y/N), huh?" Tanaka asked. Kageyama's face immediately turned red and his eyes widened.

"E-Eh? Kageyama!" Hinata yelled.

"Huh-what, no, what are you talking about?" Kageyama stammered.

"Whatever you say." Tanaka exclaimed, walking away.

"Hey! Tanaka!" Kageyama shouted, flustered. Tanaka merely ignored the first year. Kageyama let out a sigh while Hinata stared at him with curious eyes.

"I don't like her." Kageyama muttered. Hinata nodded his head, but it was obvious that he didn't believe him.

"I don't." Kageyama repeated.

~~~
June 18, 2012
Monday 12:15 PM

"Where are you going, Kageyama?" Hinata asked, bouncing around his taller friend.

"Nowhere." Kageyama replied, but Hinata kept following him.

"Go away." Kageyama muttered, trying to get rid of the shorter boy. He held two cartons of milk in his hands. Today he planned to go to (Y/N)'s classroom, and attempt to ask her to be his tutor.

"Come on!" Hinata exclaimed, he continued to follow Kageyama as he walked down the halls.

"Hey, why did you buy two cartons of milk today? You know, you can't live on milk alone-" Hinata paused, as one of the milk cartons caught his eyes.

Strawberry milk?

"oH, are you giving it to (Y/N)-san?" Hinata asked, his eyes sparkling. Kageyama's cheeks flared up as he attempted to hit the shorter boy.

"Yes, you have a problem with that?" Kageyama retorted. Hinata's smile grew bigger and bigger.

"You really like her, huh?" Hinata teased, making Kageyama's face flush.

"nO. I'm just trying to ask her to tutor me." Kageyama corrected, Hinata stared at him confused.

"Tutor?" Hinata questioned, Kageyama nodded his head.

"I saw one of her tests. She got a 97% on English." Kageyama explained. Hinata's eyes grew big.

"Woah! That's amazing! I guess you like smart girls." Hinata exclaimed, Kageyama smacked him again.

"I told you I don't like her." Kageyama muttered annoyed. Suddenly, Hinata shoved him forward.

"What the hel-" Kageyama paused when he felt someone bump into him. He quickly looked down and his eyes widened.

"Oh, sorry, (Y/N)." Kageyama exclaimed.

"It's alright." (Y/N) replied, she didn't seemed that bothered. Kageyama turned back around to glare at Hinata, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Damn it, Hinata." Kageyama muttered, making (Y/N) laugh. Kageyama quickly held up the carton of strawberry milk in front of her, he had almost forgotten what his goal was.

"Uh, here I have an extra one." Kageyama said, (Y/N) stared at it surprised.

"Oh, thank you." (Y/N) replied, she happily took the drink. The both sipped on their drinks quietly. The hall was filled with students walking around and chatting.

But, there was complete silence between the two. Which made Kageyama panic.

What do I say? How do I even ask her?

"So, hows volleyball?" (Y/N) asked, trying to make conversation.

"It's alright." Kageyama replied, (Y/N) almost let out a sigh.

Could his response be any shorter?

Suddenly, Kageyama's eyes widened.

"We have a training camp that's coming up." He added,"But if we fail any finals we don't get to go." Kageyama continued.

"Oh, really? So, that's why-" (Y/N) stopped talking when Kageyama suddenly grabbed both her shoulders. He turned her body to face his and his blue eyes pierced hers.

"So, could you tutor me?"

~~~