7

June 23, 2012
Saturday 11:09 AM

Kageyama pulled out his phone out of his bag. He was standing outside the club room, his volleyball practice had just ended. Pressing a few buttons, he hovered over (Y/N)'s contact, there were 2 messages from her.

"....cute...."

Kageyama's face flushed red and his heart began racing. Ever since that day, he get so flustered around (Y/N). He stood there frozen, he had wanted to text her that he was done with practice but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He couldn't even check the ones that she sent him.

What's wrong with me? It's just a text message.

Suddenly, some of his teammates exited the club room. Frightened, Kageyama immediately closed his phone and shoved it into his pocket. They all were chatting amongst themselves when Hinata spotted Kageyama.

"Hey, Kageyama! I'll race you-" Hinata paused as he noticed how red his face was," Uh, hey, are you alright?" Hinata asked.

"I'm fine." Kageyama replied, Hinata nodded and assume it was because of the weather. It was in the middle of June and the temperature just kept rising.

"Ugh, it's so hot." Tanaka complained, fanning himself. The rest of group muttered agreements as they began making their way to the entrance.

"Maybe we should get some ice cream, Kageyama." Hinata suggested, to the tall setter.

"Uh, I can't-" Kageyama paused, Hinata looked up at his friend puzzled. Kageyama's cheeks were red and his eyes were wide.

"(Y/N)?" Daichi exclaimed, seeing his sister.

"Hello." (Y/N) greeted, she was wearing a simple outfit. But for some reason, it threw Kageyama for a loop, he was so used to seeing her in the school uniform. She spotted Kageyama and gave him a smile, while waving at the black haired boy.

"(Y/N)." Kageyama replied, his teammates eyes widened as they connected the dots. Hinata quickly pushed his friend towards the girl.

"Sorry for showing up randomly. But, uh, the library actually closes early today." (Y/N) explained, she smiled sheepishly at the boy.

"It's fine." Kageyama replied, flustered.

"You guys were going to the library?" Sugawara asked, curiously.

"(Y/N)'s tutoring him." Hinata exclaimed.

"Well you guys should go-"

"Hold on." Daichi interrupted, making Tanaka immediately shut up," Before you go, let me buy you guys something cold to eat. I was going to treat the team anyways." Daichi explained. Sugawara let out sigh, Daichi just wanted to keep an eye on Kageyama and his sister. Even if it made his wallet empty.

"Aye! Ice cream!" Tanaka high fived Nishinoya. The large group made their way down the hill, Kageyama's teammates grouped up by themselves, attempting to leave him alone with (Y/N). But they failed miserably as Daichi made it his personal mission to walk along with his sister.

Eventually, the group made it to the small store. This time, everyone went in and crowded the small space. Kageyama wandered around the store, contemplating if he even wanted anything. He wasn't really in the mood for ice cream. Somehow, he stumbled into the same aisle as (Y/N).