8

June 23, 2012
Saturday 3:16 PM

"Uh, when does the library close?" Kageyama asked, (Y/N) put down her pen and picked up her phone, checking the time.

"In 14 minutes or so. Maybe we should start packing up." (Y/N) commented, glancing at the papers that were scattered on the table. Kageyama nodded his head and began collecting his pencils and pens. Meanwhile, (Y/N) collected the papers and her textbook. Once they were done, the both walked towards the exit.

"Your English is getting better." (Y/N) complimented, once again, she was trying to fill up the silence.

"You teach well." Kageyama muttered, he averted his gaze from the girl.

"Wowwww, are you complimenting me?" (Y/N) teased, Kageyama's cheeks turned pink and he let out a huff.

"Shut up." Kageyama stammered, (Y/N) let out a small laugh. They eventually made it to the bus stop and stood there in silence. Surprisingly, the two had gotten quiet close over the course of the week. Initially it was pretty awkward, the setter barely knew how to make basic conversation that didn't revolve around volleyball. But, eventually, they figured it out.

One more week until finals.

(Y/N) was surprised.......she felt disappointed. She had gotten so used to visiting Kageyama's classroom every lunch break, or any break for that matter.

What am I going to do after?

Will he even talk to me after this is done?

"So, what are you going to do after finals?" (Y/N) asked, the thoughts were bothering her.

"Training camp." Kageyama replied. She almost forgot about Kageyama's obsession with volleyball, not that anything was wrong with it.

"But, Nishinoya-san keeps mentioning a festival." Kageyama mumbled, he wore a puzzled expression. (Y/N) tilted her head also a bit confused. The two first years racked their brain for answers. Suddenly, a bus pulled up in front of the two, getting on they both scanned their cards, paying for the fare.

"A school festival?" (Y/N) suggested as the two sat down.

"Karasuno has those?" Kageyama questioned, (Y/N) shrugged.

"It's just a guess." (Y/N) exclaimed.

"I'll ask him at practice." Kageyama muttered, making (Y/N) nod her head. The two continued to chat, enjoying each other's company. Eventually, the bus was nearing their stop and the two stood up walking towards the rear door of the bus. Exiting, Kageyama glanced at (Y/N) nervously, this was the point where they would split up and go their respective ways.

Do I walk her home?

"Bye, Tobio~" Y/N) exclaimed.

"T-Tobio?" Kageyama stammered.

"Can I not call you that?" (Y/N) asked.

"It's whatever." Kageyama mumbled, making (Y/N) laugh.

"Then I'll see you later." (Y/N) exclaimed, turning around to leave.

"Wait, (Y/N)!" Kageyama yelled, (Y/N) stopped and turned around. She stared at Kageyama confused, while Kageyama began to have a mental breakdown.

"Uh, um, you look nice today." Kageyama stammered out.

"Thanks, you look nice too, as per usual." (Y/N) replied, she gave Kageyama a bright smile before continuing to walk away. Kageyama stood there frozen.

What did I just say?

Kageyama felt his face turn warmer each second. He wanted to walk the girl home, but he got so nervous he just blurted out the first thought that came to mind.

Wait, I look nice?

~~~
June 26, 2012
Tuesday 7:49 AM

(Y/N) sighed, burying her head into her arms.

Why am I here?

Just to suffer?

Currently, she was the only person in her classroom. Daichi had dragged her out of bed so early, that she was the first one to arrive in her class. The teacher wasn't even there yet, (Y/N) wanted to listen to music with her headphones, but even that required too much energy.

(Y/N) heard the classroom door slowly slid open. She didn't even bother to pick her head up, she was way too tired to even function. Hearing the light footsteps of the person, (Y/N) quickly assumed it was one of her classmates. Their teacher walked around as if he was stomping.

Suddenly, she felt someone softly shake her. (Y/N) turned her head slightly and she came face to face with Kageyama, their faces were inches apart. Before, (Y/N) could even react Kageyama stumbled backwards, almost falling over, his cheeks flushed red.

"Uh, Sugawara-san, told me to give this to you." Kageyama muttered, he held up the convenience store bread in front of her. (Y/N) eyes lit up and she grabbed it from his hands. This morning, she attempted to get more rest by skipping breakfast and sleeping instead.

"Thanks, Tobio." (Y/N) exclaimed, she quickly opened it and began munching on it.

"Did you not have breakfast?" Kageyama questioned, (Y/N) shook her head.

"Idiot." Kageyama mumbled, (Y/N) almost choked.

Idiot?

"Last time I checked, I was the one tutoring you." (Y/N) retorted, making Kageyama's cheeks flare up.

"Shut up." He frowned, (Y/N) let out a small laugh. Kageyama checked the time on his phone and let out a small sigh. He didn't want to go back to his class, deep down he knew he rather hang out with (Y/N)

"You're heading back?" (Y/N) asked.

"Yeah." Kageyama muttered, he began walking to the door.

"Alright. see you later."

~~~

A/N: The ending kinda sucked for this one. I'm not sure what else to write. So forgive me for the bad chapter, chapter 9 will be published along with this one.