20

July 25, 2012
Wednesday 8:23 PM

"I hope you forgive me."

"(Y/N)?"

(Y/N) froze in place as she heard the voice.

Why is he here?

A sudden hand on her shoulder startled her. She immediately smacked his hands away, in fear. She turned around and her eyes met his.

"(Y/N)? Are you okay?" He asked, staring at her reddish eyes. She just stared at the volleyball player in front of her.

"I, uh..." (Y/N) began but her voice just disappeared. Without hesitation, Kageyama pulled (Y/N) into a warm embrace. It surprised (Y/N) immensely, the two stood there, just in each other's presence. Kageyama's eyes landed on the rather large tree.

He gazed over the bright purple flowers at the base of the tree. He had no idea what type it was nor the meaning behind them.

Did someone give her those?

Who bought them?

"Sorry, Kageyama." (Y/N) mumbled, pulling away from him. Kageyama let her go and the two teenagers stood there unsure of what to do.

"Um, nice flowers." Kageyama commented awkwardly.

"Thanks, they were kinda expensive." (Y/N) replied in a soft voice.

She bought them.

"So, who's the guy?" Kageyama asked, concluding (Y/N) had or was trying to confess to someone. (Y/N) stared at him confused.

"What?" She questioned.

"Aren't you trying to confess to someone?" Kageyama muttered, his cheeks turning pink. (Y/N) stared at him for a couple of a seconds before letting out a soft laugh.

"W-Whats so funny?" Kageyama exclaimed, panicking.

"I brought those for a, uh....friend." (Y/N) explained, turning back to face the tree again.

"Your friends with a tree?" Kageyama muttered, confused. (Y/N) let out a small laugh before shaking her head, she fiddled with her hands before taking in a deep breath.

"No, he's, uh..." (Y/N) paused, trying to find the right words," He's, uh, he's not here anymore." (Y/N) continued. The boy was confused at first but quickly realized what the girl had meant.

Oh.

(Y/N) paused, waiting for Kageyama to react in anyway shape or form. The volleyball player, walked over to the grass area. He crouched down and picked some of the small flowers that always grew. He walked back to the large tree and placed them down.

"Thank you." (Y/N) whispered.

"Did he like this tree?" Kageyama asked, making (Y/N) let out a small laugh.

"We met here and played a lot here." She replied, smiling at the memories.

"He also confessed to me here." She continued.