10

July 5, 2012
Thursday 12:03 PM

(Y/N) let out a sigh of relief as their proctor called time. She had just finished taking her last final exam and boy was she happy.

I can't wait to get out of here.

She watched as the teacher collected the test booklets and the answer sheets. One by one, everyone was dismissed from the testing room. (Y/N) exited the room with a smile, the test was way easier than she had expected. She glanced around the hallway.

Which one is his testing room?

(Y/N) began walked around aimlessly, trying her best to avoid the teachers patrolling the hallways. Eventually she let out a sigh and just exited the school.

I'll just wait by the entrance.

She pulled out her phone and sent Kageyama a text that she'd be outside waiting for him. She paced around, impatiently. (Y/N) pushed back her loose strands of hair, she couldn't remember the last time she felt like this. Suddenly she felt her phone vibrated.

You: I finished, I'll be at the entrance.
Read: 12:06 PM

Milk Man: I'm coming
Read: 12:06 PM

She caught herself smiling at her phone. (Y/N) froze and slowly she placed her phone back into her pocket. She knew this feeling all too well.

....

Shit.

"(Y/N)." (Y/N) jumped frightened by the sudden voice.

"Oh, Kageyama." (Y/N) exclaimed, staring at the taller boy," How was the test?" She asked. Kageyama shrugged in response.

"It was okay. I think I got some questions wrong." Kageyama explained, (Y/N) nodded her head in response. Kageyama scratched the back of his head and averted his eyes.

"Uh, are you free-"

"(Y/N)-san." a boy came rushing up to the girl, interrupting Kageyama.

"Oh, hey. Do need something, Haruki?" (Y/N) asked, confused.

"Ah, Takahashi-sensei said to ask you to help out with the cafe." Haruki replied, referring to the festival. Class 1-5 decided to go with Yachi's idea but with a twist. Someone suggested an animal themed cafe, it was a joke at first, but eventually it got taken seriously.

"Oh, sure." (Y/N) paused," What do I need to do?" she continued.

"He said we'll discuss it during class." Haruki explained," I think we're going to split up jobs though." He continued making (Y/N) nod her head.

"So, how was the test-"

"Let's go, (Y/N), I need help with homework." Kageyama muttered interrupting Haruki. He didn't even wait for her response, he just grabbed her hand and dragged her away.

"Woahhh, slow down." (Y/N) commented, Kageyama was walking rather fast. Kageyama complied and the two stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. (Y/N) noticed the visible frown on his face and she raised her eyebrow.

"What's wrong?" (Y/N) questioned, she stared at Kageyama who had his arms crossed. She quickly put the puzzle together.

"Wait, are you jealous?" (Y/N) asked softly, it almost came out as a whisper. Kageyama's cheeks turned red and he turned around, continuing to walk. (Y/N) followed closely behind him, with a smile on her face.

Adorable.

They quickly reached the point where they'd split up. The whole way here, they had walked in silence. (Y/N) was deep thought, wondering why Kageyama was jealous. Meanwhile, the latter was too embarrassed to function properly. The two stood at the corner of the sidewalk.

Neither moved, nor did they talk. They just stood there in silence, (Y/N) glanced over at Kageyama who still seemed to be embarrassed.

"Kageyama," (Y/N) exclaimed, Kageyama turned to look at her and she gave him a big smile.

"You don't have to be jealous. We're best friends, you know?" (Y/N) explained, there wasn't even a hint of nervousness in her voice.

"Anyways, I'll be going now. See you tomorrow, Tobio~" (Y/N) said, the girl began walking away. That is until she felt a tug on her shirt, turning around, she came face to face with the setter. His face was flushed red.

"Let me walk you home."

~~~
July 10, 2012
Tuesday 3:40 PM

"Sawamura-san, someone's wants to see you." Hano exclaimed, (Y/N) was puzzled but walked towards the door anyway. She was surprised to find Kageyama standing there.

"Kageyama?" She asked, titling her head.

"Uh, I don't have practice today." He explained, he fiddled with his fingers.

"So, lets go walk home together." He mumbled, his face was tinted pink. (Y/N) gave him a sad smile.

"I have to stay after-school today and help my class with their cafe thing." (Y/N) explained.

"Oh, okay." Kageyama muttered, to be honest, she was just as disappointed as the setter.

"Next time, okay?" (Y/N) offered, trying to cheer him up. Kageyama's eyes lit up with excitement.

"Okay." Kageyama agreed, trying to hide his smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Tobio." (Y/N) exclaimed.

"Goodbye, (Y/N)." Kageyama said as he walked away. She sighed and walked back into the classroom, where a couple of her classmates were. Haruki had been planning everything out and assigning jobs to everyone. (Y/N) was in charge of the budget.

"So, the last thing we should set up are shifts." Haruki exclaimed. Hands quickly shot up into the air, the slots quickly filled up and before (Y/N) realized there was only one left.

"(Y/N)-san, you'll be taking the last shift with me." Haruki explained, (Y/N) nodded her head reluctantly. She didn't really like the idea of having to dress up as an animal and serve people baked goods. At least she had someone she knew with her.

This shouldn't be too bad.

Boy was she wrong.

~~~