19

July 25, 2012
Wednesday 7:32 PM

"I'm heading out!" (Y/N) yelled, pulling her shoes onto her feet.

"Now?" her mother questioned, poking her head out to the doorway.

"Yeah, I'm just going for a walk." (Y/N) lied, her mother eyed her suspiciously. She scanned her daughter's hands, (Y/N) was holding her keys and seemingly stuffed some money into her pockets.

"You're not going to take your phone?" Her mother asked,"And why take money?" She continued.

"I'm just going to the convenience store." (Y/N) explained.

"Be quick." She reluctantly agreed. Hearing this, (Y/N) opened the door and walked out, locking the door behind her. She started at a normal pace before speeding up. Since it was summer, the sun was still out, but it was getting darker little by little.

I hope it isn't closed.

(Y/N) turned the corner, walking past a happy couple. She stopped walking and her heart froze, the couple didn't even notice this.

That could've been us.

Feeling angry, (Y/N) clenched her fists and let out a shaky breath. Before, she had been running towards her destination, now it was a slower pace. She finally found herself in front of the flower boutique. God knows why it was opened at this time.

(Y/N) pushed the door open and glanced around at the pretty flowers all on display. Hearing the door open, the owner came out from the back.

"Hello-" they paused staring at (Y/N), surprised

"You're back." they whispered.

"Hi, Tadashi." (Y/N) greeted, he stared at the girl with great curiosity. The two had met many times before, (Y/N) would come here every time she needed flowers. Normally, you'd only get flowers a couple times a year. But (Y/N) would come there almost every month.

Tadashi never knew why (Y/N) would get flowers so often or why she all of a sudden just stopped coming. He never asked, afraid it was out of line.

"So, what can I get for you?" Tadashi asked," I'm not sure if there are any white lilys left." he explained, remembering the flowers she would get every time she came.

"Do you have any purple hyacinths?" (Y/N) asked.

"Oh, uh, yeah." Tadashi replied," You came at the just right time." Tadashi commented, making (Y/N) let out a sigh of relief. He went into the back, (Y/N) glanced around the small store, it had quiet a homey feel and not a lot had changed since the last time she was there.

It's been a while.

"Here, how many flowers?" Tadashi asked, coming out with multiple flowers. (Y/N) pulled out the money in her pocket and showed it to Tadashi.

"How much can I buy?" (Y/N) asked.

"Four." Tadashi explained, making (Y/N) nod her head. Tadashi selected four and began wrapping them up with plastics and then wrapping paper.

"Sorry for prying, but who are you giving these flowers to?" Tadashi asked, curiously tilting his head. He knew the meaning behind the purple flowers.

"My best friend."

~~~
July 25, 2012
Wednesday 8:04 PM

(Y/N) slowed her pace down as a small playground came into her view. Holding the four flowers in her hands she slowly approached it. It had taken her a while to get here, but she finally had made it. The sun had began to set, and the sky had a nice ombré to it.

(Y/N) stopped at the entrance of the playground. It was completely empty.

How long has it been?

She couldn't remember the last time she had been here. Not after Yuki had passed, (Y/N) cautiously walked into the playground. She slowly made her way to the swings where she sat down, it creaked softly. (Y/N) placed the flowers on
her lap and she didn't move.

This is where we first met.

Memories of her childhood came rushing back to her.

We were so happy.

(Y/N) glanced over at the large tree at the center. She stood up from the swings and walked over to the trunk of it, standing in front of it she took in a deep breath. She put the flowers down at the base of the tree and stared up at ground.

"Yuki, I miss you a lot." (Y/N) muttered.

"I, uh, I met someone." (Y/N) continued, she let out a small laugh but there were tears in her eyes.

"I like them...a lot." (Y/N) confessed, she sighed and whipped her eyes.

"I hope you forgive me."

~~~