14

July 20, 2012
Friday 5:37 PM

(Y/N) sighed, it was the last day of the festival and she hadn't seen Kageyama at all. Her classmate, Haruki, noticed her depressed mood and offered her a piece of chocolate.

"H-Here." He stammered, making (Y/N)'s eyes soften.

"Oh, thank you." (Y/N) replied, popping the piece of chocolate into her mouth. The sweet treat slowly melted away her bitter mood.

"The fireworks display has been confirmed." Haruki exclaimed.

"Really?" (Y/N) exclaimed.

"Yeah, it'll start when it turns darker." Haruki continued, (Y/N) only hummed in response as she poured a cup of tea. She placed it down on one of the tables, today there were way more people. It was probably because it was a half day for students.

Walking back to Haruki, she stood next to him, drumming her fingers on the table with all of their supplies. Haruki took in a deep breath before tapping (Y/N) on the shoulder.

"D-Do you want to see-" Haruki was cut off when the door slid open with a loud noise.

"(Y/N)-chan!" a short second year appeared, gaining the attention of everyone in the room. (Y/N) sighed and placed her head down. She could hear footsteps getting louder and louder, and someone placed their hands on her shoulder, spinning her around.

"Hi, Nishinoya." (Y/N) greeted, receiving a rather large grin.

"Are you a raccoon?" He asked, glancing at the costume she wore. (Y/N) nodded her head in response, while Haruki fiddled with his fingers.

Interrupted again.

"(Y/N)-chan, did you hear about the fireworks display tonight?" Nishinoya asked, leaning against wall.

"Yeah, Haruki here told me." (Y/N) replied, pointing at her classmate in the bear costume. Nishinoya shot Haruki a smile and gave him a small wave, surprising the first year.

"Sooo, are you going?" Nishinoya asked, making (Y/N) shrug.

"Aw, I thought you'd come with Daichi or Sugawara." Nishinoya exclaimed.

"They're going?" (Y/N) questioned.

"Yeah, the whole team is!" Nishinoya yelled excitedly, suddenly his phone began buzzing in his pocket. He pulled it out and his eyes widened.

"I gotta go. You better come to see the fireworks, (Y/N)-chan!" Nishinoya shouted, before blasting out of the room. (Y/N) cringed when the door made a loud noise.

"Your friend?" Haruki asked, laughing a bit.

"Yup, he's the best." (Y/N) replied, making Haruki laugh again. Silence took over between the two and Haruki would occasionally glance at her. They continued to serve the students that came into their animal cafe and made some small talk.

Before they knew it, they were cleaning up. Everyone was packing up and leaving the school, coming back later for the fireworks display, if they choose to do so. (Y/N) slung her bag over her shoulder and before she could leave, Haruki grabbed her arm.

"(Y-Y/N)." He stammered.

"I, uh, do you want to see the fireworks t-together?" He asked.

"Oh, uh, sure." (Y/N) replied.

~~~
July 20, 2012
Friday 8:19 PM

(Y/N) stood there in her casual clothes in front of the school gates. She was waiting for Haruki, normally, she would avoid going to these types of events. But this year was different, she actually was going to watch the fireworks with a friend.

"(Y/N), sorry I'm a bit late." Haruki exclaimed.

"It's fine, I just got here." (Y/N) reassured. The two walked towards the large field where the other students were, it seems like they were passing out sparklers. Everyone seemed in such a chirp mood, chatter filled (Y/N)'s ears as she walked around with Haruki.

Eventually, the two found a spot to watch the fireworks from. (Y/N) didn't notice that the spot Haruki had chosen was a bit secluded.

"Are you excited for the f-fireworks?" Haruki asked, trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, you don't get see too them often." (Y/N) replied.

"Do you have any plans over the Summer?" Haruki continued.

"Nothing much, how about you?" (Y/N) answered.

"I'm just v-visiting family." Haruki exclaimed.

"Ohh, do you have any siblings?" (Y/N) asked, curiously.

"No, I'm an only child." Haruki replied.

"Must be fun." (Y/N) joked, making Haruki chuckle. The two continued to talk about random things, getting used to each other's company. Meanwhile, the volleyball team was on the complete opposite side from the two. As per usual, they were being pretty loud.

"Hey Daichi! Did (Y/N) tell you she was going to come?" Nishinoya asked, his eyes sparkling.

"Yeah, she said she was going with a friend." Daichi replied, the short volleyball player began looking around for any sign of the girl. But he couldn't see anything over the sea of people, letting out a disappointed sigh, he walked over to Tsukishima.

"Hey, do you see (Y/N)?" Nishinoya asked.

"Why would I even look for her?" Tsukishima scoffed, without another beat, Nishinoya launched himself onto the tall blonde.

"Hey, hey-" Tsukishima yelped as Nishinoya climbed into his shoulders. Hinata stared at Nishinoya in awe as he sat on Tsukishimas shoulders.

"You're so cool, Noya-san!" Hinata exclaimed.

"What are you doing?" Kageyama asked, puzzled.

"Searching for (Y/N)." Nishinoya replied, making Kageyama choke on his water.

She's here?

"Kageyama! Are you alright?" Hinata asked, as Kageyama began to violently cough. While, Nishinoya was still searching for the girl amongst the sea of the people.

"I can't see her." He pouted while Tsukishima struggled to hold him on his shoulders. Daichi finally walked over to him and sighed.

"Get down from there. The fireworks are about to start!" Daichi yelled, Tsukishima didn't even have to crouch down. Nishinoya just climbed down the same way he got up. Daichi began scolding the second year while Kageyama finally regained his composure.

Why do I care?

~~~