6

June 20, 2012
Wednesday 5:47 PM

Daichi kept glancing over at Kageyama during practice, ever since his conversation with (Y/N). He had been keeping a close eye on the first year setter.

"Daichi, are you okay?" Sugawara asked, noticing his friends evident frown on his face.

"I'm good." Daichi replied, returned the ball into the large basket. The team was done with their practice and were cleaning up. Kageyama walked over to one of the pole and began untying the net. He didn't even notice his captains intense stares.

"You don't seem good." Sugawara exclaimed, making Daichi let out a huff.

Kageyama can't possibly like her, right?

"(Y/N) is the girl." Daichi muttered, making Sugawara's eyes widened.

"Oh? You mean the one Kageyama was talking about?" Sugawara questioned, Daichi nodded his head.

"Ah, this is unexpected." Sugawara commented," Wait, (Y/N) agreed to tutor him?" Sugawara continued, surprised.

"She almost backed out. But I stopped her." Daichi explained.

"Really? I'd think you'd be the last one to stop her." Sugawara muttered, making Daichi glare at him.

"I'm just saying." Sugawara shrugged, Daichi just sighed in response.

"So, why didn't you stop her?" Sugawara questioned.

"She still hasn't moved on." Daichi mumbled, a frown appearing on his face.

"And you want her to get over him with....Kageyama?" Sugawara exclaimed, giving Daichi an uneasy look.

"This is the first time she has agreed to tutor someone after Yuki." Daichi explained.

"Do you think it'll work?" Sugawara mumbled.

I hope so.

"Suga, Daichi!" Nishinoya exclaimed, they had been so distracted with their conversation, they didn't noticed everyone was leaving the gym. Quickly he followed them and they went to grab their bags. Exiting the club room with Sugawara, Daichi spotted Kageyama standing outside all alone.

Daichi took in a deep breath and walked up to the first year. Surprised by his presence, Kageyama almost dropped his phone.

"Daichi." Kageyama stammered, the first year had never really had a proper conversation with him. So to say he was scare was an understatement.

"Hey, Kageyama." Sugawara greeted, smiling at the boy.

"Hello." Kageyama replied.

"So, you asked (Y/N) to tutor you?" Daichi asked, Kageyama's eyes widened in surprise.

"Yeah, she's pretty s-smart." Kageyama answered. Daichi nodded his head and silence ensued between the two. Sugawara looked over at the first year and gave him a sheepish smile.

"You don't like her, do you?" Sugawara asked, Kageyama's face flushed.

"No, no, no, not like that." Kageyama denied.

Of course not.

~~~
June 22, 2012
Friday 12:09 PM

Kageyama sighed as he checked the time on his phone.

Is she not coming?

For some reason, he felt disappointed. His classmates noticed he had a visible pout on his face. It was odd, they had never seen him act like this. Well, they had never seen him study this hard either. In defeat, Kageyama slouched over and placed his head on his desk.

Why am I so disappointed?

He buried his head into his arms and sighed. He could hear the muffled voices of his classmates and random footsteps.

"What's this? Kageyama taking a nap?" hearing the voice Kageyama quickly picked his head up. He made eye contact with (Y/N), who held a white and blue carton.

"Here." (Y/N) exclaimed, putting the drink on his desk. Kageyama still had a pout on his face but took the drink regardless.

"You should've texted me." Kageyama mumbled, making (Y/N) let out a small laugh. Kageyama was like a child despite his cool exterior.

"But that would ruin the surprise." (Y/N) replied, a cat like grin on her face. She took a seat next to Kageyama and they began their study session. Kageyama sipped on his drink ever so often, they got their material out and Kageyama continued to memorize vocabulary. Meanwhile, (Y/N) continued to correct questions he answered wrong.

"Eh, Kageyama?"

Kageyama's eyes widened as he heard the voice. Looking over, his stomach dropped. Walking towards the two, was Tsukishima. Kageyama had been keeping (Y/N)'s name from his teammates. Who knows what else they would say after they figured out it was Daichi's little sister?

"I see Sawamura is helping you study." Tsukishima continued in a taunting voice.

"Shut up." Kageyama muttered.

"How did you get her to tutor you? Did you threaten her?" Tsukishima muttered. Kageyama glared at the blond, who only smirked in response.

"Can you take your lovers quarrel elsewhere?" (Y/N) commented, making Kageyama choke on the air. Tsukishima's expression turned into a disgusted one as he stared at Kageyama.

"Who'd date that?" Tsukishima muttered, before walking away. Kageyama rolled his eyes which made (Y/N) laugh. Kageyama then turned back to the girl.

"Lovers quarrel?" Kageyama questioned.

"He left didn't he?" (Y/N) replied.

"Oh." Kageyama exclaimed, realizing her true intentions. A small laugh escaped her lips as she saw Kageyama's expression.

"....cute...." she mumbled, making Kageyama eyes widened. She was already correcting questions, she didn't notice how his cheeks flared up. Kageyama froze and his face only became even redder as he processed what she had said.

I'm...cute?

Her statement made the setter flustered.

But he didn't hate it.

~~~