18

July 22, 2012
Sunday 10:09 PM

(Y/N) pulled her knees up to her chest as she sat on the bed. She had been in this depressed state ever since Friday, ever since Haruki confessed to her. All she could think about was Yuki, his smile, his voice, his confession, everything about him.

I wish you were still here.

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts.

"(Y/N)?" Daichi called out, (Y/N) crawled off of her bed and opened the door. Her brother stood there with a sheepish smile on his face.

"Wanna get ice cream?" He asked, (Y/N) stared at him for a couple of seconds. Contemplating whether not it was worth it.

"Come on, you haven't been outside in like two days." Daichi reasoned, (Y/N) sighed.

"Hold on." (Y/N) answered. She grabbed a light zip up hoodie, just in case, and walked out of her room. Daichi smiled at her and the two siblings made their way to the front door. Putting on their shoes, Daichi stretched his head into the living room.

"We're going to get ice cream!" Daichi exclaimed.

"Okay! Be careful!" Their dad shouted back. The two headed out the door, with Daichi locking the door behind the pair. The walk to the convenience store wasn't that long.

"How are you feeling?" Daichi asked.

"Could be better." (Y/N) replied.

"The team was really worried." Daichi exclaimed,"Especially Nishinoya." he continued.

"I was told." (Y/N) replied, a small smiled appeared in her face as she remembered the volleyball player. Daichi stared at her confused.

"Kageyama told me...well texted me." (Y/N) explained, Daichi nodded his head.

He really does like her, huh?

"You guys are texting?" Daichi asked. Hearing this, (Y/N)'s expression turned into a guilty one.

"(Y/N)?" Daichi questioned.

"I've been ignoring him." (Y/N) confessed.

"Why?" Daichi continued, very puzzled.

Suga said (Y/N) liked him too.

"I, uh, I don't know." (Y/N) stammered, flustered. Daichi stared at his sister, noticing her cheeks were dusted with a pink color.

The last time he saw her this way was with Yuki.

"You should talk to him." Daichi suggested with a soft voice," He seemed pretty worried too." He continued. (Y/N) eyes widened and she fidgeted with her fingers. The guilt was eating away at her, how could she ignore Kageyama who only had been worried?

I'm an asshole.

"We're here." Daichi exclaimed, as they approached the convenience store. The two entered and went straight for the freezer section where the ice cream was kept. They picked out their respective cold treats and some extra to put in their fridge.

They placed it all on the counter, waiting for the cashier to ring them up. As Daichi converse with them, (Y/N) pulled out her phone and hovered over the message app. There were so many notifications that she had just ignored, wanting to be alone.

Without another beat, she finally opened them.

Milk Man: are you okay?
Read: 10:17 PM

Milk Man: (Y/N)?
Read: 10:17 PM

Milk Man: Hinata and Nishinoya are worried.
Read: 10:17 PM

Milk Man: will you come watch our practice?
Read: 10:17 PM

You: hey
Read: 10:17 PM

You: Sorry
Read: 10:17 PM

Milk Man: so you're alive?
Read: 10:17 PM

You: somewhat
Read: 10:17 PM

You: Kageyama, I'm sorry, I haven't been great these past few days.
Read: 10:18 PM

You: but I'm better now. Please, forgive me.
Read: 10:18 PM

Incoming call.....
Milk Man

Accept Decline

"Hello?"

"You're an idiot, you know that?"

~~~

A/N: this chapter was very short, so it'll be published with chapter 19.
Enjoy!