01| Friends and First Days

Warnings: the first few chapters will be pretty boring, but keep with me. It'll get better once I introduce the characters and book plot. The first few chapters are pretty short but they get l o n g. This will be slow burn so it'll last a while. I do not own most of these characters, blah blah blah you know the drill.

But enjoy!

New school year, no problem. Tony tried to convince himself of his words.

He hated school, but he also hated being home. He was stuck in a never ending loop.

Tony stood at his locker, the same one from last year. After trying for the second time to put in his combo, still the lock wouldn't budge. He groaned and wanted to slam his forehead on the locker. He didn't, of course.

He's opened this locker hundreds, maybe even thousands, of times. Why couldn't he get it now?

"Need help with that?" Tony turned to face one of his best friends, Bruce Banner.

"Yes, please." Was his reply. Bruce rolled his eyes and grabbed the lock. He knew Tonys combination, as this isn't his first time he had to open it for the "genius". Lastly, he twisted it right and landed it on the three, and poof! The lock unlatches.

"Thanks," Tony took one book out of his locker and set his wallet in it.

"You're not going to take that with you?"

"Nope, but don't worry it's safe. If I couldn't open my locker no one can."

"I opened it," Bruce pointed out and Tony shut his locker.

"But you know my combination, Banner," He snapped the lock back on.

"Yeah I know, but I'm just trying to prove a po-"

"No one asked," Natasha walked up behind them and nudged Bruce a little bit. Bruce just rolled his eyes and looked at her.

"Hi to you too," Tony watched with raised eyebrows and amused eyes. He knew that Bruce liked Natasha, but the girl had no idea at all. He was pretty sure she didn't feel the same way either so he always felt bad for his friend. Natasha smiled at him before looking at Tony.

"Can you do me a favor?" She asked with pleading, puppy dog eyes. Tony rolled his eyes.

"No."

"But you don't even know the favor."

"Not going to change my answer."

"Can you show the new kid around school today? I just did it for someone a week ago before school started and it sucked."

"You know I so would, but I don't wanna." Tony gave Nat a look and shrugged his shoulders. The look reminded Bruce of Jim from The Office.

"Ugh, you're such an ass!" Nat yelled after him and Tony walked away. Tony turned around and started walking backwards, pointing finger guns at her.

-

Steve wasn't lost. It was just a school, how hard would it be to find the office. He wasn't lost.

He walked around more down the halls. He spotted a group of people and started to walk towards them. His original idea was to ask them where the office was but then chickened out. Steve ended up just following them, hoping they would magically lead him there. Spoiler alert; they didn't.

But he wasn't lost. Nope. Well, at least that's what he told himself.

He kept walking, more and more, having no idea where he was going.