CHAPTER 21

I wake up and see a message from Adele. It says that she is coming back today. I feel really happy and go to the washroom and freshen up. When I come back, I see that I have received another message from Scarlette. We are childhood friends and I haven't seen her for years. Her family moved to London as soon as we finished 4th standard and we haven't seen each other since. 

We are in touch through Instagram and do video calls but meeting someone in real life and being in touch virtually is a huge difference. We were best friends and couldn't spend a day without each other. I didn't know Cedric well then. We were simply friends. It was when Scarlette moved, Cedric and I got to know each other. 

Cedric had filled the emptiness in my life when Scarlette left. I had never imagined if anyone could ever replace Scarlette as a best friend but Cedric did replace her. He was the only person close to heart apart from Scarlette and Declan in school. Scarlette and Declan still hold that place in my heart but I don't know about Cedric. Maybe he still does.

 Tears roll down my cheeks and I wipe it and check my phone.

It's a message from Scarlette. 

* I have a huge surprise for you. Call me once you are free.* it reads.

I feel very excited but I have classes to attend. 

*I am really excited and want to know your surprise but I have classes to attend. I will be back by 2 so, I'll call you when I return back.* I reply.

I receive a message immediately.

*Okay. Talk to you later* she replies.

I get dressed and climb down the stairs. I place my bag on the couch and walk towards our kitchen. As I enter the kitchen, I see dad is sitting at the table with a mug of steaming black coffee and a newspaper which he is holding high and that is covering his face entirely. Dad is really fond of newspaper reading. 

"Good morning dad" I say.

"Good morning, sweetie" he says putting down the newspaper and smiling.

Dad says I resemble my mom. In fact I am her photocopy which makes me very happy. She is very beautiful and charming woman. Stefan looks a lot like dad these days. 

"I have already prepared coffee for you" dad says bringing me back to my sense.

"Thanks dad" I say and walk towards the counter and pour myself a cup of steaming coffee.

"At what time your classes start?' he asks looking at me.

"At half past 8" I say and take a sip of my coffee.

"I can't believe that my princess has started her undergraduate studies" he says smiling brightly.

I simply smile. I don't believe he just called me his princess. He hadn't called me that for many years. He calls me sweetie.

I check the time. It is ten minutes to 8. I finish my coffee nearly burning my tongue and get up.

"Are you leaving?" dad asks getting up as well.

"Yes dad, I am getting late" I say.

"Okay I'll walk you to the door" he says.

"Okay dad" I say and walk towards the couch and grab my bag. 

We walk to the door. I open it and walk outside.

"Have a great day sweetie" he calls after me as I get into the car and he goes to open the gate.

"See you later dad" I say as I drive outside and he returns it with a wave and smile.