CHAPTER 29

"Why don't you try it on?" Scarlette says.

"Yeah, I will just be back. Don't go anywhere" mom says and walks to her bedroom carrying the black dress.

Stefan also goes upstairs saying he has assignment to complete. Dad will have to return back to service tomorrow morning. It was so good to have him around. He stayed here for nearly a month. He will be gone tomorrow and I am not happy about it. 

"How am I looking" mom asks standing in front of me and Scarlette.

Both of us look up. Mom looks stunning and the black dress fits her perfectly and black really suits her. I am left speechless and am looking at her open mouthed.

"Stop gawping at me" she says half laughing.

I immediately straighten up and look around at Scarlette. She is looking at mom wide eyed.

"Will the two of you mind speaking up" mom says a bit loudly. This brings Scarlette back to her senses.

"You look stunning" we both say together getting up from the couch.

"Thank you" mom says smiling.

"Aiden said he will be late, so let's prepare dinner" she says again.

"Sure mom, we'll change and come" I say and me and Scarlette head upstairs while mom goes to change as well.

By the time we enter the kitchen, mom is seating at the table drinking coffee. She looks different now. The way we dress up really changes our appearance.

"What shall we have for dinner?" mom asks the two of us as we sit down.

"What would you like to have for dinner Essie?" mom asks Scarlette.

"Red sauce pasta with mushroom" Scarlette replies looking at me.

"Okay, red pasta with mushroom then" mom says getting up walking towards the counter.

"We will help aunt" Scarlette says getting up as well.

"Oh no Essie. You can just sit down and chat while I prepare dinner. Besides you prepared dinner last night" mom says smiling at her.

The dinner is ready by the time dad is back. We chat while having dinner.

"When will you be leaving dad?" I ask him while I load the dishwasher.

"At 8 in the morning, sweetie" he says weakly smiling.

I know he is not willing to go back. Mom says that I used to cry for over a week when dad would leave to go back to work. I don't want dad to go back but that is his work and I can't stop him from doing his duty.

------------------------------

I can see Alvin standing in front of his car as we drive into the parking lot. His smile grows as he notices us approaching. I park the car and then me and Scarlette grab our bag from the back seat and get out of the car.

Alvin walks towards us and he is looking really smart today. I believe it's Scarlette's effect. 

"Morning Scarlette" he says smiling at her.

"Morning  Alvin" she says smiling shyly.

"Morning Charlotte" he says looking at me and smiling.

"Morning Alvin" I say returning his smile.

"You look beautiful Scarlette" he says again.

"Thank you" she says and I notice that she is blushing.

I believe Alvin noticed that as well because he too blushes.