CHAPTER 17

Stefan opens the door and mom walks inside. Luckily, dad didn't drive else it would have ruined our surprise. She looks quite exhausted. I come out kitchen and sit in the couch across her.

"How was your day mom?" I ask her.

"Oh, sweetie don't ask. It was really exhausting" she says half smiling but looks very tired.

Stefan comes and sits next to me. I see dad coming out of their bedroom and walks towards the couch where mom is sitting and stands right behind her.

"Hello Cassy dear" he says.

Mom literally jumps off the couch and turns around. Stefan and I break into laughter. She is shocked.

"Holy god, Aiden!" she squeaks.

She walks towards him and he pulls her into a tight hug.

"Oh my god, you nearly gave me a heart attack" she says half pulling away and looking at him.

They walk towards the couch still holding each other. 

"You said you won't be coming until next week" she says sitting down.

"Change of plan, it's our 20th wedding anniversary the day after" he says sitting beside her.

"Yes, but since you said you won't be coming, I had planned a quiet supper" she says.

"Don't worry mom, Stefan and I'll make the arrangements" I tell her.

"Why don't you invite Declan?" dad says.

"I have already invited him but I forgot it was your wedding anniversary the day after" I say.

"That's great. I haven't seen him for over a year" he says smiling.

"You two talk, I'll make dinner" I say getting up from the couch and walk towards the kitchen.

"Okay" they say together and laugh.

I make red sauce pasta and set the table.

"Dinner's ready"I call out from the kitchen.

They walk inside followed by Stefan. We listen to dad and laugh a lot and finish the entire pasta.

"Dinner was awesome" dad says and I wipe the kitchen counter and load the dishwasher.

"Thanks dad" I say smiling.

We walk out of the kitchen and I switch off the light. We wave each other goodnight and me and Stefan climb the stairs while they head towards their room.

------------------------------------

Cedric's POV

I park my car in the parking lot and come out. I search for Charlotte's car but I don't see it anywhere. I check the time and it is only half past 7 so I decide to walk to the class and wait for her in the corridor.

I climb the stairs, walk inside the class, put my bag on the extra seat and walk out. I lean on the pillar facing the door and wait for her.

As I drive into the parking lot, I see Alvin standing in front of his white Jaguar and beaming. I park my car and notice that a black Toyota Supra is parked beside my car. As I come out of the car, Alvin walks towards my car.

"Morning Charlotte" he says smiling.

"Morning" I say returning his smile.

We walk towards the main building and climb the stairs. As we are walking towards the class, I see Cedric leaning on the wall across the classroom's door. I feel a bit nervous as Alvin and I walk towards the door.