CHAPTER 22

As I drive into FPU's parking lot, I see Alvin's white Jaguar parked in it's usual place. As I drive further into the parking lot, I see Adele's white Bentley parked as well. I drive into my usual parking spot and park my Porsche. Cedric would usually park his car beside mine but it isn't there today. I get out of my car and look around. I don't notice the black Toyota Supra anywhere in the parking lot.

Feeling a bit curious and doubtful, I walk inside the main building and climb the stairs. Cedric might have walked to FPU today. He lives in Clovis and it isn't that far from FPU. As I walk towards the class, Adele is talking to Alvin and as I approach them, Adele turns around and I can see that she is beaming.

"Hello Charlotte, so good to see you" she says and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Same here, how have you been?" I ask her and she releases me.

"Absolutely good, in fact brilliant" she says smiling.

"Morning Charlotte" Alvin says smiling.

I had completely forgotten that Alvin was still there. Adele's presence seems to have distracted me. I feel a bit embarrassed.

"Morning Alvin" I say returning his smile.

"How was your weekend?" he asks.

"Wonderful, yours?" I ask.

"Superb" he says.

"Won't disturb the two of you" he says winking and walks inside the class.

Adele eyes me with curiosity. I tell her how Alvin and I became friends while she had gone to visit her parents. She smiles when I finish telling her. As I am about to tell her about Cedric, the bell rings and we walk inside the class. Cedric isn't there and disappointment fills my heart. I know that I am suppose to give him time so I just sigh and sit down. 

The bell finally rings for lunch hour and Adele and I walk towards the cafeteria together and buy a roll and coffee each and sit in our usual place.

"How was your visit to San Jose?" I ask her. 

"Oh, it was great" she says.

 She then tells me how excited her brother had been through the entire visit. Her parents were really glad to have her and how her brother had cried while she was leaving for Clovis yesterday.

I tell her the entire story about me and Cedric because I think I can trust her. While I am telling her about the confronting part, her eyes are filled with tears.

"Oh Charlotte, I had no idea you have been through so much while I was away" she says wiping her tears. 

"I would like to meet him" she says when I finish telling her.

"You said he is in our class, right?" she asks.

"Yes but he is absent today" I tell her.

"Oh" she says.

The bell finally rings. We walk towards the parking lot together. I will text Cedric as soon as I get home, I think as I get into my car. I drive home and dad opens the gate. I park my car, grab my bag and get out of my car.

"How was your day sweetie?" he asks.

"It was great dad" I tell him.

We walk inside together. Mom is in the kitchen preparing lunch. I climb the stairs and walk inside my room and shut the door. I open my laptop. It is filled with voice messages and text messages from Scarlette. I open the last one, which seems to have been delivered only a few minutes ago.

*Call me as soon as you get home* it reads.