2

"You need to lose some weight. You're such a fatass." 

Anger boiled inside Taehyung when Jimin's lunch was snatched up, only to be dumped onto his head. Jimin's ramen burned his head, the broth soaking and staining his white sweater. The noodles stuck to his face and parts of his neck. 

The entire cafeteria laughed, all except for Taehyung. 

"He's not fat!" he growled, refusing to let his anger get the best of him. 

The group of upperclassmen rolled their eyes. "He definitely is," a girl by the name of Jamie scoffed, "His cheeks are so chubby that he can't see the rest of his body. It's gross to have cheeks that fucking big." 

Before Taehyung could fight back, Jimin muttered, "Tae, don't." 

After the group dispersed, Taehyung deflated and packed up his own lunch before pulling his friend out of the cafeteria and to the boys' bathroom. He helped Jimin sit on the counter, moving to stand in between his legs. 

"I'll text my dad and he'll get us out of here, okay? We'll get you showered and dressed and it'll all be okay," Taehyung whispered, holding Jimin's ramen-soaked face in his hands. 

Jimin could only cry with every noodle picked off of him and thrown into the trash. He knew he was chubby and that "no one wanted a fat boy," but he still couldn't get rid of his baby fat. 

He was hoping people would leave him alone about it in high school, but it only got worse. The only good thing about this was that he didn't have to suffer alone anymore; he had Taehyung to pick him up off the ground. 

Deep down, Jimin wished he could do the same for him, but he had no idea if he would have thr courage to. 

"My dad will be here soon," Taehyung sighed, shoving his phone back in his pocket, then wet some paper towels. 

It was obvious that he was still angry, but he was doing a very good job at keeping himself calm. 

Taehyung was gentle while he cleaned his friend's face, neck, and parts of his sweater. Jimin didn't deserve any of this, not one bit. It made Taehyung blind with rage, but never would he allow his anger to get the best of him. 

When he was finished, Jimin gave him a broken smile and a hug. "Thanks, TaeTae. You deserve the world." 

The other boy could only sigh as he hugged Jimin tighter. "So do you, Jiminie."

-------

"I love your apartment so much!" 

Taehyung smiled and rolled his eyes from his spot on the couch. "You've been here five times, Jimin. You say the same thing every time."

"Hey, let him have his little moment," Mr Kim Hansung chuckled, ruffling Jimin's damp hair as they passed. 

The boy plopped down next to Taehyung, who grinned at the sight of his friend in his clothes; he never thought he would see the appeal, especially when it came to boys, but he let that be. 

He let Jimin steal the remote and put on some nature show, resting his head in Taehyung's lap. 

"Kids, I'm getting takeout because I'm feeling lazy. What would you like, Jimin?" Mr Kim asked, phone in one hand and a menu in the other. 

Both he and Taehyung frowned when Jimin said, "Whatever Tae gets, please. I'm not very hungry." 

Taehyung knew damn well that Jimin only had an apple and a bite of ramen today; he had to be hungry. 

They agreed to share Taehyung's meal once it arrived, since there was a lot and it could easily feed two people. "Take some more," Taehyung urged when Jimin only took a quarter of the food. 

Jimin shook his head, trying hard to bite back how sick he felt at the sight of food. He'd been doing okay about eating until that day. "It's okay, Tae. This will be enough," he insisted, giving his friend a pleading look. 

Taehyung still didn't believe him, but decided to let the matter drop for now. 

He didn't realize his mistake.