Interlude: Min Yoongi

"Is he gonna be okay, Papa?" Taeyong asked, wincing at the sounds of his brother screaming. 

The old man nodded, tucking the boy into his bed, since Taeil was screaming in the twins' room. "Taeil hears more than we do, remember? He can hear the water heater in the garage, and even the lights. All that constant noise can be very overwhelming, you know?" he explained, ruffling his grandson's hair. 

Taeyong thought for a moment, then frowned. "Is that why he pushed me down the stairs today?" 

Taehyung shrugged. "Possibly. Talk to him about it when he's calm, okay? Goodnight." 

He shut off the lights and closed the door behind him, then made his way into the living room. 

"Hey, Taehyung." 

Taehyung hadn't heard that voice in years. 

On the couch sat his late husband, a gentle smile on his face. Yoongi looked good; his fluffy black hair was streaked with very few greys, his favorite set of pajamas keeping him warm. 

"Hi, Yoongi-hyung." 

The older man smiled wider, curling into the taller's side when he sat down. "You've been through a lot, haven't you?" He sighed, resting a hand on Taehyung's thigh. "I hope you're not hurting." 

Taehyung shook his head, trying best not to cry. "The pain comes and goes, but it's nothing I can't handle. I'm feeling better, nowadays." 

Yoongi hummed, squeezing Taehyung's thigh. "I'm so glad you're improving. I've been a mess without you."

The younger man kissed his temple, squeezing his shoulder. "I miss you too, hyung. Some days, I miss you so much I feel like I'm dreaming; I'll wake up one day to realize that you never died." 

Eventually, Yoongi shifted to sit on Taehyung's lap. "I know I never said it often, but I do love you. I love you and I hope we can be together soon." 

And just like the others, Yoongi vanished into thin air.