The Call

You stopped and looked at your phone, waiting for him to check the message you had sent. You had no idea what he'd ask or what you'd say. You knew you'd try to speak your mind as clearly as possible but you were worried he may not respect your wants in this situation.

You look up from your phone and at the TV. Jimin is still asleep and you can still hear the shower running. This was the perfect time to talk, not for him to take his sweet time responding to you.

Skye: "Honey relax, he might be busy with work. Just give it a little time. Who cares if the boys get mad, it's still your decision. You need to do this and if you're ready now, it's no ones place to stop you!"

She rubs the back of your hand. You can see her reassuring smile out of the corner of your eye. She's right, you know the boys will be mad that you're contacting him but it's your choice.

You sit at the end of your bed holding your phone in your hands. You close your eyes and take a deep breath trying to calm your nerves. You felt like you were going to jump out of your skin. You're heart races at the anticipation of his message.

Skye squats down in front of you grabbing your hands. "Do you want me to hold your phone for you?" You open you eyes to look at her, it was probably a good idea but before you could answer you both feel the phone vibrate in your hands. Your eyes go wide, and you never break eye contact with Skye. You move your gaze to her lips as she takes a deep breathe. She nods at you as if to say it was time to open the text. You shut your eyes tightly and flip your phone screen towards your face.

I can do this... You say to yourself as you open your eyes.

Namjoon~

What would you
Like to talk about
First? I have tried
To be patient, I
Really hope you're
Doing okay...

Skye sits down next to you on the bed reading the message with you. "Let the conversation flow" she gives you a reassuring smile as you look back at your phone.

Namjoon~

I'm doing okay...
I really do appreciate
you being patient...
it's been hard no me
too...

I know, and I am
so sorry for that...

It's alright, I just
needed time to think

I understand...
Do you have any
questions? I mean
of course you do
but I'll answer them
all

You look up from your phone and at Skye. You take a deep breathe and what you say to her even surprises yourself. "Maybe it's better if him and I talk in person.." you look back down at the phone and re read his message. He was right, you did have a lot of questions and a lot of this was just too much to text. Although he hurt you, there are things he deserves to know and things you deserve to know. It's hard having an adult conversation over text and the last thing either of you needed was to take things the wrong way.

Skye grabs your hand and takes a deep breathe. "If that's what you think is best.."

You nod your head as if to say 'yes, it's what's best'