Chapter 2

Chapter 2

        As I crossed the street to get to my new "wonderful" school I saw the groups walking together. The jocks, popular girls, and then there were the others. Yeah, the ones that don't fit in and then there was me. All by myself and walking alone. Which I liked better than anything. It gives me time to think and to be honest, I love it. No one bothers me or asks me why I have hair the way I do or why I have these bright green eyes that no one ever sees because I'm always looking at the ground. Which is a good thing, to me anyway. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder and say "Excuse me." it was a girl that was maybe around my age. I didn't look her in the eyes but her figure was a teen figure, I could tell. I heard little giggles and whispers from the popular girl group in front of me. Doesn't she belong up there? And why is she already trying to make my life in this living hell of a high school diffcult.

"Yes?" I said.

"Um, you're new aren't you?" she replied, trying to act all sweet and innocent.

"Yes, why?"

"Just wondering." I watched as she jogged towards her group and as we entered the school doors she turned around to try to look for someone. I didn't want to be rude so I stepped to the other side and started towards the front office, where I would have to get my schedulea and my guide to this living hell hole. As I opened the front office door, I felt another tap on my shoulder and the same voice saying "Excuse me."  I turned around and looked at her this time. She was pretty but I shook that out of my mind. Dont' have time for that. Not after last time.

"I'm Ashlie, I am your guide. You don't need to go in there. I have your schedule." she smiled at me and I looked at the ground. Yeah, whatever. Such a prank.

"Yeah.. um see I don't trust you." I looked up and looked to the side.

"Oh..", she sounded hurt, "Why's that?"

"You belong with your popular click. I belong by myself. I belong here in this office to get my schedule and to walk out of here and spend the time that I need to here." I turned and walked towards the desk in the office. The woman at the counter smiled at me and asked "What can I do for you?" Why does everyone here smile so much?

"Um, yeah my name's Jordan DeVicton. I am here to pick up my schedule and get my guide." I responded, stuttering with my last name.

"Well, you're guide is that nice young woman behind you that is standing there waiting for you pateintly." the woman smiled at me and went back to typing on her comupter. I turned around and saw that Ashlie was still standing right there. Wow, okay maybe I was wrong but still no trust what-so-ever. I walked towards her. "Okay, let's go." she said and she walked out of the office door and I followed her. I kept a close eye out for everyone who was looking at me. I don't know need any problemns here, like my others schools. They never worked out. Ever. Maybe, this one will but then again...

"Hey, you okay?" Ash said and she looked at me.

"Yeah. Fine." I looked towards the locker we were heading towards. Must be mine, since on it in paint wrote "Welcome home, DeVicton." I sighed and looked at the locker. Ashlie looked around as the little laughs and giggles started up. She looked at me and sighed, smiled lightly, and walked towards a group of guys who were laughing the most. They were trying to hide it though, doesn't work when I've seen it so many times. I'm used to this, it's like a daily routine to my day. Listening to this, going through this, and having to live through this hell hole. I grabbed the piece of paper with my combination on it and read it. 23-32-23 Well, that's easy to remember. I opened my locker and slumped my bookbag off my shoulder and into my locker. I grabbed the books I need and shut my locker. Ashlie walked back over with a weird look on her face. Did I care? Not right now, nor will I really ever. She is probably just doing this for extra credit. "Okay...erm...uh you never gave me your name." she said.

"You don't need it. I don't need your assitance anymore, but thank you Ashlie." I walked away slowly and felt a paper airplance crash into the back of my neck. I kept walking. That's normal for me as well. New kid that everyone knows about because of something that happend to me in the past. The one thing that I can't ever take back and the one thing that will always make me not belong anywhere anymore. I'm fine with that but what I am not fine with is that what I did is the reason my heart is broken and no longer beats. Maybe, that will all change one day. I heard the bell ring and I headed towards the stairway for my first class, Algebra. What fun. Let's see if I can make it through day one of hell hole.