Chapter 3

Chapter 3

        I opened the door and right away I hear "How was your first day at school Jordan?" It was the lady.

"It was okay." I shrugged my shoulders and closed the door.

"Now, Josie don't smuggle the boy with questions. Let him breathe for a little." the man stepped out from the kitchen walk way and looked at me and smiled. I haev him a faint smile and headed towards the steps. I started up the steps when I heard her say "Hun, I think we should spend some time with him. Ya know so we can get to know each other better and become a family." 

"Now Josie, I know what you mean but you gotta let the boy get to feel welcomed into this house and feel like he belongs. Just lemme him be." the man responded. I reached the top of the steps and headed towards my room. Did he really mean it? I shook it off and sighed. I entered my so called room and sat down on my bed. I took out my IPod and got on kik. They only place where I can just chill out and just talk to different people and not care who I am talking. There's this one guy, he is my age and he is going through the almost exact same thing. He gets me and understands. He's kind of like a best friend but not at the same time. I didn't give him my real name of course because then he'd judge me for who am I and what I did in the past. I messaged him : Hey dude.

He responded: hey, sup?

me: I don't really know how to respond. I hated my first day in hell hole. This girl tried to act as if she was being nice but just a cover up.

him: Yeah, sounds like a normal girl at a normal hell hole.

me: Yeah, so what's new with you?

him: Nothing, moving to a new adoption agentcey.

me: Oh, that sucks.

him: Yeah, I gtg I'll ttyl dude.

I set down my IPod and grabbed my book out of my bookbag. I had homework on the first day. What a surprise? Nope, thought so. I picked up my pen and started writing my essay for English class. I had to write an essay on how I believe the world has become. I chuckled to myself and sighed. This should be fun. I started writing when I heard a knock at my door. I put my pen down. "Yes?" The door opened and the guy walked in and shut the door.

"Whatcha doing?" he asked as he sat down in his computer chair across from me.

"Uh, an English essay." I replied.

"Already? Man, they must really want you to die already, huh?" he smiled lightly and I looked down at my paper.

"Yeah, I guess. I mean it's not that bad. It's about our opinion on something so it shoudn't be that hard." I picked up my pen and kept writing.

"Oh, well then you've got this one in the bag."

"Yeah." I kind of wish he would just go. It isn't working. Whatever he is trying to do. It really isn't.

"Well, I'll let you be." I heard the chair sqeak and the door open, then shut. I rolled my eyes and fipped own on my back and laid down. I stared up at the ceiling and closed my eyes.

It's really dark right now. I saw a light glowing in the distance and I started walking towards it. Maybe, this wasn't a good idea but hey I'll go for it. When I reached the light it was just a latern that was light attatched to a tree limb. I grabbed the lattern and started walking. Walking where who knows. All I know is that I was just walking.

I opened my eyes and saw that my life was turned out and that i was covered. I knew who did this. The girl, Josie. She must be trying to act motherly and trying to get me to beomce all family like. This isn't who I am. They don't realize that and I wish they did. I am hurting them and that's all I seem to do to people anymore. Just hurt them. Every step of the way. The one time I didn't hurt someone in the beginning I ended up hurting them in the long wrong. I don't want to get close to them, I don't want them getting close to me. Keep my distance. No more pain can be conflicted on them if I stay away. I sat up and rubbed my face. I looked at the clock. It was only one o'clock in the morning and I was facepalmed. This is rediculous. I flopped back down and closed my eyes. I needed more sleep. The more I sleep the more I felt relaxed and calm. Calm like I want to be calm. Nice and refreshed, in a way. I needed a deep sleep right about now and honestly I think the whole world needs a deep sleep. I let the darkness over come me so I can sleep. Hopefully, it'll work.