Misconceptions.

Three's P.O.V:

Oh, great. I spent so much time in here that I completely forgot about Four. Well, I'm sure he stayed put. After all, who can move when they're dead?

I chuckle softly under my breath, making my way out of the house. Each twist and turn of this nostalgic maze hits me in the face with broken memories like a brick- There's really no escaping the past, is there? Everywhere I go in this wretched playground leads to shattered recalls of the beginning. As I finally exit the house after what felt like a year, I-

WHAM!

I crash into something- someone?- and immediately fall to the ground. I quickly glance up to glare at the fool I stumbled into, my eyes meeting with...

"Six?!" I yelp, rising to my feet confusedly. She's on the ground, also clearly recoiled by our recent impact. Six stares up at me, fear crossing her face. In a fleeting moment of utter silence, she scrambled to her feet and attempts to dash away.

I grab her arm, narrowing my eyes at the terrified numeral.

"What.... Are you doing here?" I query, sneering.

Six opens her mouth to reply, her words running dry at the mere sight of me. At last, after my hand grips onto her arm even tighter than previously, she musters up enough courage to answer. "I... It was all X's plan to recruit the other numbers and rescue Four!" She stammers, her voice trembling. I gasp in shock, letting go of her arm at once in terror. Everything I've done is spiralling down into peril. At that moment, I knew there was only one way to revert the hatred from others towards me.

X is my only hope.

With him, I'll be lucky! Lucky, lucky, LUCKY!! Imagine that! They'll love me even as the merciless killer of Four! With X by my side, anything is possible!

Six flees, bolting away crookedly in a panic. I don't care about her anymore. If what she says is really true, X is here too. X is in the playground,

And I'm not going to stop until I find him.

Four's P.O.V:

Dawn has settled, whilst X and I are camping out around some trees for the night. There's been no sign of Six or Five for hours, and at this point? I think we've both given up. The two are dead, for all I know. Probably caught by Three, seeing as One was killed by Five's shovel earlier.

The only ones we haven't seen much of are Two and Eight... Though I doubt Eight's done anything but hide. He may already be dead, too. God, I really hate this. This is all my fault. My fault that I'm thinking about who of my kind is deceased, gone, perished. I sigh heftily, clutching X close to my chest. He's always helped me calm down, after all.

Two... She's a fighter, that's for sure. She's probably too kind to do a thing like kill, though, right?

....Whatever. I need some shuteye.

I lean against a tree, sitting down and groaning in frustration. So many deaths are to come. I thought this whole thing was going to end when Seven died! I shake my thoughts away angrily. X already dozed off a while ago, so now it's my turn to rest. I need to rest as much as he does, I dare say slightly more.

So I close my eyes.

But of course, my sleep always has to be interrupted, doesn't it?

A number dashes towards me, shrieking my name at the top of their lungs.