Chapter 5

*Gulf Pov*

I had just left swim practice early, I was starting to feel hungry and decided to stop by the cafeteria for a quick bite. As I grabbed my snack and was about to leave, I noticed Mew talking with a girl and they were smiling at each other. I never thought about whether or not Mew had a girlfriend, after their kiss I would think not. I was on cloud when I came to school, but became disappointed when Mew didn't show up for practice. But as I continued to watch them, I wondered if Mew was just messing with my head last night.

"Well, if thinks he can have his cake and eat it too, he is in for a surprise. He has no idea who he's messing with." I said to himself, stormed off, losing his appetite.

After that day, I made sure I was never alone with Mew. I kept himself busy with my studies and school activities. Team and I would train together and then have dinner together most nights. On the nights when I was meeting up with Team I left school right after class. The last training was the last one before our swim meet and we had a meeting where the seniors told us about, the welcome trip if we won, which our team always did. Afterwards, I noticed Mew looking at me while I was talking with Team and Yacht about the trip. The way he was staring at me was making my body heat up in several discreet places. It was like he was trying to devour me with his heated looks from across the pool deck. Just when I felt my resolve loosening, here comes that girl again, smiling and waving to everyone as she walked over to Mew. She went to him and put her arms around his neck. I broke eye contact with then, I didn't want him to see that I was affected. I turned back to listening to the guys .

"Can you imagine if we win, we get a free trip!" Team smiled excitedly.

"Yeah, I'm already thinking of the places I want to go, hoping we get to visit one as our reward. What do you think Gulf ?" Yacht turned to ask me.

"I think it would be fun to relax and have some fun" I said, although inside I was dreading spending a few days secluded with Mew and the team.

I know it's going to be even harder to avoid him there. While my friends kept taking more about the upcoming trip, my eyes drifted back to Mew and his mystery girl, which now I'm sure is his girlfriend. She comes to visit him after every practice and they usually leave together shortly afterwards with her holding on his arm. There's no way they're not a couple. Ever since that day in the cafeteria, I've purposefully avoided him. I don't want him to pity me, and tell me the moment we shared was a mistake. I refuse to put myself in that situation, again.

Team and Yacht wanted me to join them for drinks, they were still excited about winning and the trip. I smiled and nodded, letting them know I would be joining them. I never told anyone about that night, and now I have no reason to. As I follow my friends I think drowning my sorrows is sounding more like a great idea.

A/N:- Ok, so hopefully I was able to express Gulf's  heartbreak here. Hopefully Mew realises his error soon 😔. Let me know what you think. Don't forget to follow and vote. I'll follow back ! 🙏