Chapter 1

Camila Cabello was new. She had long brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. She had a slim figure and her skin was slightly tanned. She was different from the girls at that school. She wore long sleeved shirts even though it was hot and humid in Miami and she wore dark colored jeans with boots. She kept her head down as she walked down the hall, ignoring all the glances from the other students there. She reached out and started scratching her wrist nervously as she approached her locker. She opened it and her books flew out and fell to the ground. The people around her just stared as she bent down to pick them up. Some laughed, some called her names but no one came to help her. Camila picked up her books and shoved them into her locker before shutting it close in frustration. She ran towards the nearest bathroom and hid in one of the stalls. She only came out when she heard her friend, Dinah Jane Hansen, call her out. Camila reluctantly walked out of the stall with puffy red eyes.

Dinah was Camila's only friend. They were neighbors and Dinah was really nice when Camila moved to Miami from Cuba. They've been friends since then, even though it had only been a week. Dinah always had Camila's back and she has supported her friend in whatever way she could. The tall Polynesian girl hugged her friend before pulling away. Camila walked towards the sink and washed her face. She didn't wear make up, like other girls, and she wore glasses. Camila wiped her face dry and wore her black framed glasses as she stared at her reflection. She took a deep breath before she walked out, with Dinah close behind.

In class, Camila sat by the window and the entire time, she was looking through the window, staring at the sky as she drowned out the sounds around her. The moment the bell rang, she jumped up from her seat and was the first one to get out of the class. She did that throughout the day. Before her last period ended, Camila found herself staring at the clock, watching as the clock ticked as each second passed by. She looked away from the clock and looked around the room and found a boy with brown hair and brown eyes staring at her. Camila quickly looked away and focused on the clock. The bell rang and she jumped out and rushed out of the room like she was on fire. Camila did her best to avoid everyone in her path but the people around her kept shoving her. One of them pushed her hard against the locker, which bruised Camila's arm when she landed. She shut her eyes as she prepared for the worst to happen. The shoving stopped suddenly. She opened her eyes and saw a dark haired girl in front of her, defending her. After the crowd had dispersed, Camila's brown eyes met her emerald green ones and she gave her a small smile.

"Are you okay?"

"I've gotten worse," Camila said as she picked up her bag.

"You're new around here, aren't you?"

"Yeah, sort of."

"I'm Lauren. Lauren Jauregui," the dark haired girl said.

"Camila Cabello."

"Are you heading home? I can give you a lift if you want," Lauren said.

"I'm good, thanks," Camila said.

Then Dinah walked towards her, "There you are!"

"I'm fine, Dinah," Camila said.

"Your mom called. You were supposed to be having your therapy session straight after school. What happened?" Dinah asked worriedly.

"Nothing," Camila lied.

She reached out and started scratching her wrists. Dinah noticed and took her wrist away.

"Stop that!"

Camila looked up and met her eyes.

"Did you take your medication?"

"Dinah, I'm fine."

"No, you're not fine. You're agitated, you're angry and you're depressed."

Dinah took Camila's backpack from her and took her hand, "Come on, let's go."