Chapter 3

The next day, Lauren noticed that Camila wasn't in school. She asked Dinah but the Polynesian girl didn't know why. After school, Lauren and Dinah headed over to Camila's house to check up on her. Lauren rang the doorbell and waited. Not long after, the door opened, revealing a short woman with dark blonde hair with glasses on.

"Can I help you?"

"Hi, Sinu. Is Mila home?" Dinah asked.

"Hello Dinah. No, Camila's not home."

"Do you know where she is?" Lauren asked.

"And you are?"

"Lauren, Jauregui. I'm a friend."

"Well, she was supposed to be in school. But I don't really know what's going on in her head nowadays," said Camila's mother.

"Aren't you worried about her at all?" Lauren asked, "I mean, she is your daughter."

"I think what Lauren's trying to say is that we're just really worried about her," Dinah stepped in.

"I don't know where she is but I have to leave soon. So if you girls don't mind..."

"We'll be on our way," Dinah said before Sinu Cabello shut the door.

"What was that about?" Lauren asked.

"I honestly don't know," the taller girl said.

They walked towards Lauren's car and they drove around the neighborhood, hoping to find Camila but she was no where to be found.

"Where do you think she'd be?" Lauren asked Dinah.

"You don't think..." Dinah trailed off.

"No! Dinah, don't think that!" the green eyed girl said.

"We're going to find her," Lauren said.

Just as she said that, Lauren's phone rang. She saw that it was Ally. She answered the phone and put it on speaker.

"Yeah?"

"Hey Lauren. You should really come into my office."

"Is something wrong?"

"Well... Camila's here," just as Ally said that, Lauren slammed her legs into the breaks and the car came to a sudden halt.

"Lauren?"

"I'm here," she said.

"Wait, how long has Camila been there?" Lauren asked.

"Since morning. She won't say why though. She hasn't said a word to me since she met me."

"But however, she did say that she'd talk to you. How soon can you be here?"

"I'm on my way," Lauren said before hanging up. She stepped onto the gas pedal and drove off.

They reached the hospital in no time and Lauren and Dinah headed to Ally's office. She entered the room to find Ally by the armchair and Camila on the couch, staring at the carpet. Ally stood up and walked towards the two girls. She let them out and shut the door behind her.

"Why does she look so..."

"I wish I could tell you but she won't talk to me. She came by with bruises and cuts. I've had a doctor check on her and thankfully, she didn't need any stitches," Ally said.

"She only said one word since she came. She said your name," Ally said.

Lauren looked at Dinah who gave her a nod before the dark haired girl entered the room. She sat beside Camila on a couch with a sigh.

"I promised I wouldn't ask," Lauren reminded her.

"On my way to school, I was mugged. At least they tried to mug me. I didn't have money and I destroyed my phone so they just beat me up," Camila said.

"Did they... Did they touch you?" Lauren asked.

Camila nodded as a tear trickled down her cheek. Lauren moved closer.

"Did they..." Lauren took a deep breath, "Did they rape you?"

Camila shook her head slowly and Lauren let out a breath.

"Do you know who did this to you?"

"It was Austin," Camila said quietly.

"Mahone?"

The petite brunette nodded.

"Did you report him to the cops?"

Camila shook her head.

"What? Camz, he hurt you. He should be arrested or something," Lauren said.

Camila reached out and held Lauren's hands which surprised the latter. Camila interlock their fingers together as she met Lauren's gaze.

"He's not worth it," she said.

"Promise me you won't do anything. Please?"

Lauren gritted her teeth. She took a deep breath and calmed down.

"I promise," she said.

"I'm sorry."

"What for?" Lauren asked.

"I probably scared the crap out of you," she said.

"Hey," Lauren said as she playfully bumped her forehead on Camila's.

"It's all good. But we really need to get you a phone," Lauren said.

She released Camila's hand and whipped out an iPhone 4S from her back pocket and placed it in Camila's hand.

"This is my old phone. My number's in there in case of an emergency or if you just want to talk," the green eyed girl smiled.

"Your number is still the same. I made sure of it and all of your old contacts are in it," she added.

Camila looked at Lauren in surprise, "I figured that you'd want a new phone. I didn't know what to do with that phone so I transferred everything and-"

Camila cut her off with a tight hug. Lauren smiled as she hugged her back.

"I'm here for you, Camila. Always."

After a while, the two girls pulled away and the door opened and Dinah and Ally walked in.

"Oh Mila," Dinah said as she hugged the girl tightly, "You had me so worried."

"You're always worrying," Camila said as she pulled away. Then she looked at Ally, who had a smile on her face.

"I know you won't talk to me. I've been trying to let your parents know that you don't need therapy. You just need friends because they're just as good," Ally said.

"What are you saying?" Camila asked.

Ally smiled, "I'll talk to your parents. From now on, you won't be needing me. Only come, when you want to. Not when you're forced to. Okay?"

Camila smiled, "Thank you, Dr Hernandez."

"Please, call me Ally," Ally said.

"Camz, you hungry?" Lauren asked after a while.

"Starving," she said and the other three laughed.