Chapter 15

"What is it, Lolo?"

"This isn't easy for me to say," Lauren said.

"Lauren, you're scaring me," Camila said.

"I'm leaving Miami, Camila," Lauren said quietly.

"What? When? How? What?" the brown eyed girl asked. Camila's heart was pounding against her chest. A million things ran through her head but she only cared about one; Lauren.

"I'm leaving in a month," Lauren said, "My dad had to relocate."

"Where?"

"Los Angeles."

Camila felt her heart drop.

"Lauren, that's 2,342 miles from here," Camila said.

Lauren smiled, "Dinah did say that you're ridiculously smart."

"Don't change the subject," Camila said.

"When did this happen?"

"The day I met you," Lauren said.

"You knew since then and you didn't tell me?" Camila asked.

"I wanted to tell you. So many times. But I couldn't."

"So you chose to lie to me instead?"

"I never lied to you," Lauren said.

"You told me that you'd always be here for me."

"And I have," Lauren said.

Ignoring her, Camila continued, "And now you tell me that you're leaving?"

"That was a lie, Lauren."

"Camz-"

"Don't call me that!" the petite brunette snapped.

"You have no right to call me that," Camila said as she stormed off. Lauren ran her fingers through her hair in frustration. She wanted to chase after her but she didn't want to make things worse than it already was. Lauren cursed before she ran after her.

"Camila, wait!" Lauren called out.

Just as she was about to reach her, there was a blaring sound of a car honk, followed by a bright light.

"CAMILA!!"

Everything moved in slow motion. Camila couldn't move her body. She felt numb. Her breathing became shallow. She could hear her still beating heart in her ears. It was weak and slow. Camila saw Lauren approach her, with worry and fear in her eyes. Camila hated seeing Lauren that way. Lauren tried to talk to her but everything was muffled. Her brown eyes were locked on Lauren's green ones as she heard muffled sound of sirens.

Lauren watched as Camila was carried into the back of the ambulance van. Lauren got on and she held Camila's hand all the way to the hospital.

"You're going to be okay, Camz," Lauren said shakily.

"You're going to be okay."

Once they reached the hospital, Camila was rushed to the Emergency Room and Lauren stayed behind at the waiting room. Not long after, Camila's parents, Sinu and Alejandro Cabello walked in.

"Lauren! Lauren, what happened?" Sinu asked.

"She... She got hit by a car."

"Is she going to be okay?" Alejandro asked.

"They just rushed her to the ER."

"Are you going to be okay?" Sinu asked.

"I don't know," Lauren said, her voice breaking. Sinu wrapped her arms around the dark haired girl and hugged her as Lauren sobbed. The door opened and Lauren's family entered.

"Mom!" Lauren exclaimed as she pulled away from Sinu and hugged her mother.

"Shh, baby, it's going to be okay," said Clara Jauregui as she tried to calm her daughter.

"I don't want to lose her, mom," Lauren said as she cried.

"I know, baby. I know."

After a while, Lauren pulled away as she stopped crying and they waited. Lauren went to the bathroom to wash the dried blood off and freshen up. After a few painful hours, the doctor came back.

"How is she?" Alejandro asked.

"She's one hell of a fighter," the doctor said.

"Her heart stopped three times and we almost lost her but then we managed to started again. With injuries like hers, I'm surprised that she's still alive. But worry not, the surgery was a success and she's in stable condition."

"Will she be okay?" Lauren asked.

"She'll be fine," the doctor said as Lauren let out a sigh of relief.

"You can see her if you want. Immediate family only," the doctor said.

Sinu gave the Jaureguis a nod before the Cabellos followed the doctor to Camila's room. Disappointed, Lauren turned and sat back down on the chair. Clara set beside her daughter and pulled her into a side hug.

"She's going to be okay, mija," Clara said.

"It's all my fault," Lauren said.

"How is it your fault? You couldn't have known."

"But it is my fault, mom. None of this would've happened if I hadn't lied to her," Lauren said.

"You were protecting her."

"Huh, and look where that got us," Lauren said as she shook her head.

"I can't lose her, mom. I just got her," she added.

"I know, baby, I know," Clara said as she hugged her daughter tightly.

A few minutes later, Alejandro came out and approached them. Lauren stood up and walked towards him.

"How is she?"

"She won't talk to us but maybe she'll talk to you," he said.

Lauren nodded as she followed Camila's father. She entered the room and saw Camila's blank expression. It made her heart beat faster as she approached her.

"Hi Camz," Lauren said as she sat on a chair by the bed.

"I was so scared, Camz. I thought..."

Camila faced her as she continued, "I'm so sorry. This was all my fault. If I had told you sooner, none of this would've happened."

"I understand if you don't want to see me anymore," she said, "But I'll stay if you want me to."

"Camila... Say something."

"I want you to go," Camila spoke and at that moment, Lauren felt like her entire world shattered into pieces. Lauren blinked the tears away as she took a deep breath.

"I'll go. Only because you want me to," Lauren said as she stood up.

"I love you, Camz. So much," Lauren said before she walked out. Lauren walked down the hallways slowly. She heard her name and when she looked up, she saw Ally approaching her.

"Lauren, are you okay?"

Lauren burst into tears as she wrapped her arms around her friend. Ally hugged her back tightly.

"I can't. I can't, Ally," Lauren said as she sobbed, "I lost her."

"We're gonna get through this, okay? Like we always do," Ally said as she rubbed Lauren's back to comfort her.