Chapter 2

The first half of the day flew by in a flash. After getting her lunch, Camila Cabello scanned the room for an empty seat. She looked around and saw Lauren Jauregui waving at her. She was hesitant but then she saw Dinah walking towards her and pulling her as they walked towards the table.

"Come sit with us," she said.

"Thanks," Camila said as she took a seat.

"Camila, Dinah, this is my friend, Normani Kordei Hamilton," Lauren said as she pointed towards a dark skinned girl with black and blue hair.

Camila looked at the other girl before she looked down at her lunch.

"Well, this is Camila Cabello and I'm Dinah Jane Hansen," Dinah said cheerfully.

"I thought I was the only one that used my middle name," Dinah said.

"Well, people mostly call me Normani Kordei. They keep forgetting that my last name is Hamilton," Normani said.

"Normani Kordei suits you," Dinah said.

"Aw, thanks boo," Normani said.

"So Lauren tells me that you're new," Normani said to Camila.

"Sort of."

"She moved here from Cuba, like a week ago. She's Cuban Mexican American," Dinah said.

"Really?"

"But wait, I thought that you'd have to stay here longer in order to be an American."

"I moved here when I was 6. I've stayed until I was 15. I moved back to Cuba for a year before moving back."

"Is there a reason why you moved back?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

Camila saw Lauren give a smile.

"It's okay, Camz. You don't have to tell us if you don't want to," Lauren said.

"Camz?"

"Yeah. You don't mind, right?"

Camila gave a small smile as she shook her head.

"I call her Mila," Dinah said.

Camila gave Dinah a look before she reached down and started to rub her wrist subconsciously. Lauren looked at her and noticed her discomfort.

"Camz, are you okay?"

"I'm... Fine," Camila said.

Dinah looked over and took her hand and pulled down the sleeves to see that her wrist was covered in scars. They were red from all the scratching and rubbing.

"Mila," Dinah said in a concern tone.

"Stop it!" Camila exclaimed as she yanked back her wrist. She looked around and noticed that everyone was looking at her. Camila grabbed her bag and ran out the door. Lauren, Dinah, and Normani exclaimed looks before the three girls got up and ran after her. They saw her enter the girl's bathroom and as they got in, Camila had already locked herself in a stall.

"Mila," Dinah started, "I'm sorry."

"Just leave me alone," Camila said as she sobbed.

"Camila," Lauren said.

"It's okay to not be okay," she said.

"Sometimes, it's good to feel the emotions because keeping them bottled up won't do you any good."

"But sometimes, it's also good to let people in. I know that you're hurting for whatever reasons but feeling the way you do, alone, won't do you any good."