Untitled Part 13

Thea grabbed Felicity's arm and dragged her over to the couch. Oliver just shook his head with a smile as he closed the door and walked into the kitchen with Tommy. He knew that Thea would have Felicity's attention for a couple of hours, so he set about starting dinner. If there was one thing he knew about Thea, it was that she loved to talk and she would have a captive audience with Felicity.

Tommy grinned, taking a seat at the bar behind him. "Are you nervous about those two getting together?"

Oliver huffed out a laugh as he seasoned the chicken. "Why would I be nervous?"

Tommy lifted an eyebrow. He was enjoying this so much. "Well, maybe because they could totally gang up against you. I mean look at them. They are cackling like two hens at a rooster party."

Oliver pulled out some lettuce to make a salad to go with the pizza, before he turned and looked at the two young ladies that meant more to him than anything. His whole world was sitting on that couch right now.

"Felicity wouldn't do that."

"All women do that! It's in their DNA. Where two or more women congregate, men need to beware." Tommy teased.

Oliver glanced back over at the ladies as he heard them laughing. He loved to see them getting along. It was better than he had hoped. Having Felicity in his orbit, and in his life was the best thing to ever happen to him.

He was about to respond to Tommy when he heard whining coming from the laundry room. Otis!

He was surprised the puppy had been as quiet as he had been for the last hour. It was time to let him out.

Oliver held up his hand to Felicity as she went to stand, telling her he would take care of Otis. As soon as he opened the baby gate they had installed, Otis shot down the hall and made a beeline for Thea. Otis loved meeting new people and soon he had his paws in her lap and was licking at her face as she laughed. Felicity tried to swat him down between fits of laughter herself.

His little body wiggled around, and Oliver finally grabbed a hold of his collar and pulled him away. Otis looked up at Oliver confused and then finally sat obediently at his feet. However, Oliver knew that obedient look was deceptive.

Felicity looked at the nice clothing that Thea was wearing and winced at the wrinkles. "Sorry Thea. We are working with him on the jumping."

Thea grinned and leaned down to pet the dogs head. Otis' tail wagged, thumping the floor. "Oh, it is ok. Oliver told me he had a new puppy."

Otis danced around Oliver's feet so very happy to be receiving attention. Thea laughed but then Otis grabbed her purse and shot across the room.

"Otis!" Oliver quickly chased after him and Otis danced around just out of his reach. Thea tried to hide her smile behind her hand. Yes, it was an expensive purse, but just seeing her brother chase after the puppy using his growly voice was hilarious and something she would not have missed for the world.

After several minutes of chasing the puppy, Oliver finally retrieved the purse and placed it on the kitchen bar, out of Otis's reach.

"I think he could use a walk. Why don't we take the boys to the park Oliver?" Tommy sauntered over with Pascal close behind. He knew that Thea wanted to get to know Felicity. This would give them some time alone. He clipped the leash to Pascal as Oliver clipped a leash to Otis and then leaned down and kissed Felicity.

"Don't give away my secrets Speedy." He gave her a teasing look and then walked to the door.

"I can't promise anything big brother."