Untitled Part 5

Felicity sat there for a moment, her hand unconsciously going to her lips that were still tingling from his kiss. He kissed her. She still could not believe that. And she had kissed him back. Her heart was racing, and her breathing was softly panting. Wow!

She stood suddenly. She needed to go. "Ummm, I think I had better go. I don't want to be late."

"Felicity, wait...."

Felicity gathered her things. "Pascal!"

"Felicity wait please. I'm sorry." Oliver stood too. He did not want her to go. Not like this. Why had he kissed her?

Felicity gave him a nervous smile. She needed to leave before she pushed him down on that very comfy sofa and did things to him that they would both consider regretting in the morning.

"I really have to go. It's not because of the kiss. I mean the kiss was nice. Great even. Totally loved the kiss, but I have another client I am seeing tonight so..." She turned towards the door and walked towards Pascal who was patiently waiting. She was so glad that Pascal was an obedient dog. She clipped the leash to his collar and then opened the door. "I will see you tomorrow."

She closed the door behind her and leaned against it closing her eyes. She could feel him on the other side, and she needed to get away before he opened the door. She wasn't sure why she was reacting this way. She was very attracted to him. More than anyone she had ever met in her life. Maybe after what happened with Ray, she was nervous.

The elevator doors opened as soon as she pushed the button and as it whisked them down to the lobby she leaned against the wall. God, that was the best kiss she ever had.

She hurried outside and Pascal obediently followed. She was glad he was not human because she was in no mood for questions right now. She just wanted to get to her next appointment and try to forget that she had just kissed the sexiest man in all of Star City.

***

Oliver leaned his hand against the door when it closed, and it took everything in him not to hit it. What was he thinking? He had just kissed her. Granted it was the best kiss he could ever remember sharing but it had scared her away. Why?

He turned to find Otis looking at the door where Pascal had just been, and the puppy whined at him. He already missed his friend.

"Don't look at me like that." Oliver was talking to Otis. He was talking to a dog. He must be losing his mind.

He pushed away from the door and walked over to the couch sitting down and staring at the food that was still taunting him.

He looked down at Otis who had followed him to the couch and was sitting at his feet. "I kissed her. Why did I kiss her?" Otis just cocked his head at his owner's voice. "I like her. I really like her and now I may have blown it all because I couldn't keep my lips to myself."

Otis just wagged his tail as Oliver continued to talk. "But she responded. She responded to my kiss. So why did she run?"

He had so many questions. He just prayed he would have an opportunity to talk to her tomorrow. Hopefully he could make things better.

His phone rang and he raced to it hoping it was her. It was Tommy.

"You sound a little out of breath my friend. Can I take that as a good sign? Did I interrupt something?"

He could hear the smile in Tommy's voice, and he sighed. "No, you didn't interrupt anything. What do you want?"

"Well aren't we the grumpy one. Did your talk not go so well?"