Untitled Part 2

Oliver sat impatiently in his seat tapping a pen on the table as another executive rambled on about budgets. He loved being the CEO of QC and running the company but there were two things he hated. Board meetings and paperwork.

He looked up as he heard the person speaking finish and he gave them his obligatory smile as they took their seat. Thank goodness the meeting was almost over. He glanced down at his phone wanting to check on Otis. The puppy had been a spur of the moment decision based on friends telling him that he needed something to help with his stress. Things had been going well at the company, but he had been extremely busy working on an acquisition that would help take QC and its technology to the next level. This had increased his stress levels and his friends had taken note.

His first week with Otis had been eventful. The puppy was rambunctious and had a ton of energy and after talking to his friend Tommy he had decided to hire a dog walker. He found Felicity online and her reviews had been impeccable. She, however, had been a surprise. She had a picture on her online profile, but her face had been half hidden in a dog she held on her lap. It was the same dog she had with her this morning.

He glanced at his phone again as a new voice started to drone and then started to ask him questions. His phone call would have to wait.

***

Oliver rubbed his eyes a couple of hours later as he walked into his office. As much as he hated being in the meeting, he felt it had gone well and the decision to move forward with the acquisition of a new tech company had been approved.

He sat down at his desk and took a moment to check his emails before heading out to lunch. He was meeting his best friend Tommy for lunch and the man was notoriously late. Oliver glanced at his phone again and this time he picked it up and hit the app for his security system. Otis might not even be there. Maybe Felicity had taken him for his walk.

He clicked the button to turn on his cameras and what he saw almost made him come out of his chair. Were those mud tracks? Oliver zoomed in closer to his couch and sure enough there were muddy dog prints tracking perfectly along his cream-colored couch. What the hell?

He switched cameras searching the house and his stomach was in knots as he noticed more mud.

He was about to turn the camera off and call Ms. Smoak when he switched to the camera that handled the kitchen. His anger still at a boiling point suddenly deflated when he saw Felicity sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor with Otis sitting beside her. The dog that she had brought with her was laying obediently beside her and she was talking in sweet soft tones to Otis.

"We have to get you all cleaned up before your Daddy gets home because if he finds out that I let you romp in the mud he might not let you and Pascal play together anymore." She rubbed the puppy's fur and the dog started licking her face. The pure, innocent laugh that erupted from her lips stopped Oliver cold. His life was stressful and hectic but that laugh was simple happiness.

He watched as her dog stood up not wanting to be left out and before he knew it both dogs had Felicity pinned to the ground licking her face. She was laughing hysterically.

He found himself laughing as well and he immediately stopped with a cough, looking around a little embarrassed. He realized he wanted nothing more than to sit there and watch her, but he had to get to the restaurant. He flipped off the app and quickly grabbed his keys heading to the elevators.

"Ms. Walker, please cancel the rest of my appointments for the day. I am meeting Tommy for lunch and then heading home." His assistant looked up at him in surprise. Oliver Queen never left the office early, but she did not miss a beat.