Untitled Part 19

Oliver and Tommy were talking and laughing, as dinner progressed throughout the evening. Oliver had been surprised when he got home to find Thea sitting on the couch with Felicity. He knew they had become close over the weeks since the dinner with his parents but the way they had their heads together, and the look on Felicity's face had him worried.

She seemed extremely quiet, which was unusual for her and she was pushing her food around her plate instead of eating.

"You ok Felicity?" Oliver could not stop himself from asking.

Tommy looked at Felicity and wiggled his eyebrows. "Are you second guessing moving in with this guy? I have an extra room...."

"Tommy." Oliver growled.

"Just sayin..." Tommy looked at him with a grin, not picking up on the tension that Oliver could clearly feel.

"Felicity?" Oliver spoke directly to her.

Felicity forced a smile. "I am ok. So, Thea, how are things with you and Roy?"

Oliver's body tensed. He knew Felicity had just purposefully changed the subject. Something was going on with her and it was something big. Felicity was rarely quiet and if she was it was a cause for concern. He would talk with her after dinner. He was determined to have a talk with her about their future and he was hoping she would open up to him about whatever was bothering her.

"Oh, things are great. We are talking about getting an apartment together. However, I have not mentioned it to Mom and Dad." She gave Oliver a pointed look that told him not to say anything to their parents. "I think I am going to wait and tell them after the fact. Once we are living together it will be harder for them to complain."

Oliver gave a forced smile while Tommy laughed.

"How about you Tommy? Any women taking up your time?" Thea looked at Tommy and grinned. "When is Tommy Merlyn going to settle down and let a woman take him off the market?"

Tommy's eyes grew wide with fake horror. "Are you talking about me being in a serious relationship?"

Thea groaned. "One day some woman is going to knock you out of your socks Merlyn."

"Like the blonde sitting to my left?" He wiggled his eyebrows at Felicity.

Oliver glared at him.

"I have seen an airlines stewardess a few times, but you know me. I am just enjoying the bachelor life." He winked at her and she rolled her eyes. "Why date one beautiful woman when you can date two?"

Felicity listened to the banter between Thea and Tommy and tried to avoid looking at Oliver. He had been staring at her throughout the whole exchange and she could tell he knew something was wrong. Her stomach flipped as she touched it with her hand. Her nerves were in overdrive. How was she going to tell him? She thought back to when Thea had read her the results of the test.

***

"Ok, Felicity. Are you ready?" Thea's voice carried from the bathroom.

Felicity sat on the bed with her head in her hands. She had pee'd on the stick about five minutes before and now her nerves had her stomach in knots.

"No, I am not ready."

Thea walked out with the test; her eyes soft as she looked at the results.

"It's positive." Her words were spoken softly and with such love that Felicity's eyes flew to her face.

"Really?"