Untitled Part 21

Oliver woke the next morning, his arm wrapped tightly around Felicity's waist and he looked down at her sleeping form. She was here, where she belonged, in his arms again. But something was nagging at him. She had left him in the middle of the night without a word and that bothered him.

Ok, so he knew she had some hang ups from her father leaving when she was so young. However, it still bothered him that she felt like he would have rejected the baby. Their baby. What was that about?

He nuzzled his face into her neck as he felt her stirring and placed his hand gently over her stomach. Warmth spread through him at the thought of their baby inside of her. The fact that he was going to be a Dad still brought him to his knees.

Felicity stirred, pushing hair out of her face and snuggled back into the warmth that was Oliver.

"Good Morning." She mumbled the words as her hand drifted over his and she sighed in contentment.

"Good Morning." He kissed the side of her neck.

She could feel his morning erection pressing against her ass and she wiggled a little. Feeling him hard behind her made her body tingle and her nipples harden.

"Did you sleep ok?" His husky morning voice was sending shivers down her spine.

"Like a baby." She turned her face toward him and gave him a grin at the pun. "I didn't exactly sleep well away from you."

Her words dampened Oliver's sex drive and he pulled away sitting up against the headboard. Felicity looked back in surprise when he pulled away and sat up with a puzzled expression.

"What's wrong?" Oliver never pulled away from her in the morning. In fact, morning sex was something they both always looked forward to.

"We need to talk Felicity."

She settled the covers over herself, her fingers picking at invisible lint on the comforter. "We did talk."

Oliver sighed. "No, we really didn't. I understand that you left because of some feelings you are still dealing with regarding your father leaving. But how could you ever think that I would reject our baby?" That really hurt him more than anything.

Her eyes dropped to her hand. "I don't know Oliver. When I found out I was pregnant, my world just stopped. We had been so careful, so it was a complete surprise to me. Then you were talking about us waiting to have kids and I think it all became too much for me."

"Felicity you bailed on me, on us." Oliver stood up, his body stiff with anger, and he pulled on a pair of jeans leaving them unbuttoned before he took a seat in the chair by the dresser.

Her eyes looked at him, trying to get him to understand. "Oliver, do you remember when I said I was never one to think of marriage and a family and so I had focused on school and my career?"

Oliver's head nodded briefly, the anger in his eyes dimming marginally.

"Marriage and kids, they scare the hell out of me."

"Even with me?" Oliver's question was one of disbelief.

"Especially with you." She spoke softly, her eyes shimmering with tears.

"Why?"

"I don't have a lot of memories of my Father other than working on computers with him when I was little. But those are some of the happiest memories I have of my childhood. When I found out I was pregnant I was so happy and so very scared, because I remembered something that I overheard my Father say once when he was in a fight with my Mom."

She paused and Oliver waited. What could the asshole have possibly said that would make her question marriage and kids?

"They had been fighting in the living room after I had gone to bed and their voices woke me up. I was only five at the time and I just remember thinking it was one of the worst I had heard. I crawled out of bed and made my way down the hall and stopped so I could hear them, but they could not see me. My heart was pounding in my chest. They were fighting over the usual things, my Dad telling my Mom that she was trying to be controlling, the bills..."