Untitled Part 22

Oliver sat across from Tommy at the local bar, his knee jumping in nervous agitation. He wanted to talk to Tommy and run something by him, but he was nervous. Things with Felicity had been going so good over the last couple of weeks and he hoped that his idea would not ruin the happy bubble they had created. They had decided to keep the pregnancy a secret for a while longer and had asked Thea to do the same.

The waitress put a beer in front of each of them giving both men a good view of her cleavage. Tommy flirted with his usual charm, but Oliver was not paying her any attention. Tommy winked at her and she finally walked away.

Tommy took a sip of his beer noting that is friend was unusually preoccupied. "Alright Oliver. What is going on with you?

Oliver sipped his beer and looked at Tommy with an expression that screamed unsure. "I need to run something by you."

"Ok, shoot."

Oliver reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black, velvet box. He opened the lid to show a perfect princess cut 2 carat diamond ring.

Tommy placed his hand dramatically over his heart. "Oliver, I never knew you felt this way about me. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!"

Oliver rolled his eyes and then grabbed the box and snapped the lid shut placing it back in his pocket.

"Tommy, shut the fuck up. I am thinking about asking Felicity to marry me."

Tommy was still laughing from his dramatics but then almost spit out the sip of beer he had just placed in his mouth. "Ummm, excuse me. Did I hear you right? Did you just mention the "M" word?"

"Can we be serious here for a minute Tommy?"

"Oh, I am being totally serious. I couldn't be more serious if I tried."

"You don't think it is a good idea?"

"I think it is a great idea, and I have been wondering why the hell my best friend has been putting off locking down the best thing that has ever happened to him. I am just shocked that you finally came to your senses."

Oliver sighed.

"What's wrong Oliver? Why are you over thinking this?"

"Because things have been so good the last couple of weeks since I got her back. I don't want to move too quickly and ruin them."

"You're not going to ruin anything. Felicity loves you. The fact that she never gave me a second look after meeting me and being boiled over by my devastating charm should have convinced you of that." Tommy grinned at him.

Oliver just glared back.

"All joking aside man. I have never met two people more perfect for each other. You two belong together and marriage is the most natural next step."

Oliver wiped the condensation on his beer glass before meeting Tommy's eyes. "I agree. However, Felicity has a lot of baggage from when her father left her. I just don't want to rush her."

Tommy leaned forward with a sigh. "Look Oliver. I don't think of myself as the best person to talk to about relationships. I have yet to be in a serious one. But based on your history with Felicity I think you should quit overthinking this and just follow your heart. Sometimes you just know it. Seize the day man and go for what you want.'"

Oliver sipped his beer thinking about the words his best friend had just spoke and about Felicity. He was right. Sometimes you did just know and that described him and Felicity perfectly.

Oliver looked at Tommy and smirked. "Follow my heart hu?"

Tommy nodded and sipped his beer.

Oliver thought again back over the last two weeks. Things were great between him and Felicity, they had a baby coming in a few months. It was time to move ahead. Oliver wanted nothing more than to put a ring on her finger and make things official. He smiled at Tommy as he took out his phone.