Untitled Part 16

Felicity looked at herself in the mirror turning left and right. She was meeting Oliver's parents tonight for the first time and she was excited and nervous all in one. Donna and Thea had come back from their dinner a few nights ago acting like they were best friends and Thea had brought up Felicity meeting the Queen patriarchs. It had been easy to see that Thea and Donna had placed their heads together about something, but when Oliver agreed Felicity had just let it go.

She smoothed her hands down her dress and then walked to the bathroom to brush her hair. As she ran her brush through the golden strands, she thought about what meeting his parents would mean. She and Oliver were living together. Not only were they living together but she was working for him. What would the Queen's think about that? Did they even know?

Meeting his parents was a big step for them both. Oliver was not one who would introduce just any girl to his family. Felicity knew that. So, was this the next step that would eventually lead them to marriage? A family? She was not sure. There were so many unknowns.

She decided to wear her contacts and brushed on some light make-up with a coral lipstick that made her lips look plump and shiny. Satisfied with her appearance she walked down the hall to the living room. Oliver had dressed earlier and was talking with her Mom when she walked into the room.

He looked up and a smile lit his face. She could tell she looked good based on how he was looking at her. She was glad she had picked this dress.

"Hey baby girl." Donna stood with Oliver and grinned at her. Donna was joining them tonight and to say that Felicity was even more nervous about that was an understatement. "You look beautiful."

Felicity smiled at her Mom. "You look great too Mom." Donna had opted for a light blue mini dress with a fitted waist and capped sleeves. It was a little more conservative than her usual attire and Felicity was grateful for that.

Oliver pulled Felicity to his side and kissed her head. "You look beautiful. My parents are going to love you."

"I hope so." She gave him a hopeful smile.

They arrived at the Queen Mansion a short time later, and when Felicity thought mansion, she never pictured this one. They had driven for a period of time down a two-lane road before coming to an intimidating black iron gate. The gate had slowly opened to a long, winding driveway and Felicity looked around in awe as they drove up the tree lined drive. Her Mom was dancing in her seat excitedly as the house came into view and Felicity gasped.

It looked like a freakin castle.

It was a huge house made of stone, with gas lanterns at the front entrance. There was a porte co·chère in the front big enough to fit two cars and when Oliver stopped, Felicity stepped out of Oliver's Range Rover in awe.

"Oliver...umm...." She had no words.

He opened the back door for her mother and then whispered. "It's just a house."

"This is more than a house, it's a freakin mini-mall." Donna said the words out loud as the door opened and Oliver's parents stepped out. They heard the last few words from Donna and looked at her with interest.

"Mom!" Oliver led Felicity up the stairs with Donna behind them and gave his mom a hug. He hugged his dad as well with a pat to the back.

"Oliver. Oh, it is good to see you." Maura gently paced her hands on her son's face. Robert looked behind his son at the two women waiting patiently. They were both attractive and the younger of the two had a wonderful light air about her. He could see why his son was attracted to her.

"You too Mom." He pulled Felicity forward and then turned his body so they could see Donna. "Mom, Dad, I would like you to meet my girlfriend Felicity and her mother, Donna."